Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

He won a Munster title with an middling Waterford team
and a Leinster title with a middling Wexford team

i think thats unfair. he won an AI. got waterford to their 1st AI in donkeys and won a munster with them. Leinster with Wexford. they’re fair achiecements

For what’s be invested in Wexford it’s a poor return. I don’t think Wexford will miss him if he leaves.

1 Like

It was some bounce of the ball for Davy in 2013 to win an All Ireland within having to face either Kilkenny or Tipperary when you consider that pairing between them won all 10 of the rest of the All Irelands 2006-16. Softest All Ireland ever won borne out by the fact that Clare came from nowhere to win in 2013 and haven’t been seen since.

1 Like

The Cork squad and their various managers have been castigated for their performances over recent years but they’ve achieved just as much as Davys Wexford in reality.

Cork have a lot better players available than Wexford

Davy has ruined lads Sunday :laughing:

1 Like

The Kilkenny lads are really pushing the East 17 look this Winter.

3 Likes

True. Imagine the current cork team playing how Wexford did last year? Davy would win the AI with cork.

The Cork hurling public still expect to win the All Ireland every year, no matter how shit they are in reality. If Wexford beat Kilkenny and win a Leinster Championship once a decade, the Wexford hurling public are happy. Davy is ticking all the boxes.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t really agree on that. Lads seem convinced Wexford don’t have very good players I think they’ve a fine squad but are inhibited by Davy.

His tactics seem paralysed by fear tbh.

1 Like

Credit where credit is due, he has won everything. Did he win the league with Waterford? He wins thongs and short term is great but the trail of destruction he leaves behind takes years to come back from. Took Waterford will 2017 to have a good run. Clare are still in transition. Wexford need a smart move for a good manager to turn around a few of their best players to make hay with a talented side. If they have lost the love of the game they wil be gone

A white parka All Ireland final day would break the INTERNET

Maybe he just overstayed by a year? Last year they had the sweeper but it was fluid and Kevin Foley and the wing backs could end up anywhere on the field

He knew that himself but wexford came begging last year. The silver was too much to turn down

Davy for Cork so…

Ah stop, you couldn’t say that about Wexford’s play last year.

Also, starting O’Donnell in an AI replay, some balls in that.

He gets pilloried when his teams do badly, he deserves credit for his successes in equal measure at least.

Every team plays a sweeper of some form lads.

Gearoid Hegarty looking fine according to Joanne :grinning: