Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Exactly, some forwards are one dimensional and not suited to requirements of modern intercounty.

They bate the shit out of Clare in a challenge a few weeks ago.

A challenge, if championship was played in that spirit, they would be world beaters.

1 Like

You’d imagine that the league type atmosphere could lead to flat games with lower intensity. And Cork no longer have the excuse of the break after the Munster final

Wexford’s to lose. Sure Davy has the cunts training right through the lockdown.

4 Likes

Vibes coming from the Clare camp are not great. Lohan probably needed to shake things up but squad is thin enough with the injury/emigration absences already

I don’t think Cork are that far away at full strength but they’re in no way a side suited to winter hurling, I’d be surprised if they beat anybody in Munster in November

Wexford would be the value at the odds imho.

4 Likes

If cork can solve the problem at 3 and 6 they will be hard to beat by anyone .

Winter hurling you say?

This is our year.

I have a feeling it won’t be like traditional winter hurling, esp if they get to play a lot of games in PuiC or Croker. Thurles less so alright

1 Like

I see a lot of shoot outs with 25-30 points necessary to win due to a flatter atmosphere and a dip in the usual fitness levels

Great value

Galway & Wexford the only value jumping off that page.

Leinster lose the traditional advantage of the Munster champion gathering rust and getting ambushed in the semi

Munsters fancy cunts won’t be able to live with the rugged Leinster determination

2 Likes

I’m surprised Limerick are as big as 5/2 to be honest. They are a lump on price really.

While conditions will suit Wexford in terms of their fitness being ahead of others, I’m not sure the short passing element is ideal in Winter. They rely on long range scores as well which again won’t be so easy in bad weather.
Limericks physicality should stand to them but the need for long range scores could hinder them as well.
KKs style of fire it forward and let the forwards win it if they are good enough could work well I think.
I don’t think Cork will be suited to the conditions at all. Waterford are a bit of an unknown, Clare seem to be down a good few bodies.
Tipp will be there about again I’m sure.
Galway who knows

1 Like

Ahem

I left out Dublin as well if it helps