Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Will Davy forfeit a match, or send out lads awaiting a test and sweep sweep afterwards. After clearing up the drug problem in Clare hurling you’d have to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to player welfare.

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

I think shenanigans are less likely in a more professional set up. All county squads have a team doctor and other medical staff. These people are not going to risk their reputations or their careers by breaking the protocols.

There are lots of people around the country who will find the inter county championship a pleasant distraction in difficult times. Older people in particular. Let’s just get on with it and enjoy it for what it is.

4 Likes

TIITF (throw it in to fuck)

2 Likes

I disagree. There is a lot of pressure at IC championship level. Doctors are no more immune than others.
Elite sport is littered with medical decisions made in error under pressure. It will be very easy to have a Freudian slip on covid testing a team linchpin who has a bit of a sniffle, or anyone on a squad, if a senior IC match would be forfeited as a result.
I agree it’s entertainment, but that’s what it is.

I can’t see a doctor turning a blind eye to a positive test. It could be a matter of life and death! Also bear in mind a positive test in a camp would not lead to a game being forfeited. Only the player with the test and his close contacts. Normal training etc is not constituted as close contact.

Anyway to summarise if Galway win an All Ireland in either code it will have an asterix!

Not to a positive test, but to the need to get a test, I certainly can.

We’ll agree to disagree so.

I fully expect you to be on here slateing refs and defending John Hanbury by November!

1 Like

Sorry, was a few pints in, knockout - sell out; round robin - smaller crowds.

1 Like

It’s surreal times really.

Imagine a team wins a hurling All-Ireland and there’s no homecoming on the Monday night. No trip to the children’s hospital on the morning after the match. No trip to the captain’s club on the Tuesday. There’ll probably even be no function from the victorious team hotel.

The GAA has got pelters for certain county final celebrations so they’ll move heaven and earth to stop any further bad PR.

The championship is two weeks out and it’s all a bit ‘meh’ for me at the moment, in all honesty. Hopefully that’ll change as the matches come closer.

3 Likes

A doctor for a professional team prescribed medicine for the wrong James cronin iirc

1 Like

Yeah I’m the same. Can you imagine if the likes of Waterford won their first one in ages under these circumstances?

I’m happy it’s happening. It’ll be something to watch cos I’d imagine the NPHET lads won’t allow much over the winter but still…I’m just not very excited for it

Stop being so negative. I’m excited for there to be matches. That’s what it’s all about.

Not being negative pal, just giving my own opinion.

Any championship is better than no championship, as I’ve said many times.

1 Like

The Limerick hype machine won’t be a factor this year with everyone focused on Covid. The Corrigan brothers should start clearing their throats cos this one’s in the bag

No roar to worry about either

1 Like

That Sky ad is cheesy

Clare, Waterford, Wexford and Cork value here given the form book could be torn up due to the unique nature of this championship

Cork are too soft.

Winter hurling won’t suit them. They haven’t been great in the muck of February in the league during recent campaigns.