Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Would there be some similarities between Declan hannon before moving to centre back and Gleeson?

I feel like Graeme was always quite a hardworking player; it became more evident from 2018 onwards when we put a huge emphasis on that.

But the use of the ball in the current system definitely helped him too. Mulcahy was always a very very dangerous corner-forward when given the ball into space. That didn’t happen too much under Teeje tbh.

He was always industrious in fairness to him but I don’t recall him having any real impact in terms of tackling, harrying and turnovers before 2018. Since then he is the tone setter in the limerick forward line in terms of unglamorous work and applying pressure

The game was in the melting pot with 10 minutes to go . Waterford puck outs went long in to the wind . The ball held for a bit due to the wind but Waterford didn’t have anyone with the presence to win this ball . Byrnes , Hayes and WOD won all this ball .

Waterford v Clare.

Galway v Tipp.

4 Likes

Essentially the AI final

1 Like

Galway v Tipp was going to be the standout game that the draw could possibly throw up. Hopefully we get another great tussle to go with some of the classics we have had over the last 5 or 6 years. Assume it will be in Limerick.

Clare v Waterford in a bog in Thurles you would think - it will be attritional and physical

Interesting. So the fact that Limerick played Clare earlier than Tipp in the championship doesn’t matter for the purpose of the SF draw

Box office.

They’re gonna be two absolute humdingers

If Tipp and Waterford win, I think it’s Tipp and Limerick in one semi?

Correct. Provincial finals pairings cannot meet in semis

Waterford 1/2
Draw 9/1
Clare 15/8

Waterford -3

Tipp 10/11
Draw 9/1
Galway 11/10

Tipp -1

Yeah that’s correct

The Tipp lads will be seething that they are favourites

Would they not go to Cork for the Clare game?

The Munster football final is on there on Sunday. Given it is November, it’s wet and there are no crowd I think they will be happy enough to share the games around.

2 Likes

Ah lovely.

Sky will surely plum for Tipp v Galway at 4pm on Saturday.

Clare v Waterford at 2pm on RTE hopefully