Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Is that by choice?

Just catching up on reading here. It seems a tactics board (used by any half decent club side in the country) has really driven some guys absolutely demented :laughing:

He might be an alright sort, but hes a pure stones of a ref

Have to agree. Id nearly let him ref us if we were playing Tipp

I dont think so.

No, we’re just genuinely surprised Limerick are using a whiteboard and not a pack of crayons and a Superman’s bag turned inside out.

2 Likes

They desperately need to do away with the water breaks once crowds are back anyway. Ruins the flow of the game will be irritating with people getting in and out of their seats.

Agreed, he’s the best at the moment. Horgan has regressed a bit, too whistle happy.

Would you not pop in and ask him?

So whistle happy he blew it up early with Canning bearing down on goal.

2 Likes

The 6 day turnaround is definitely a big disadvantage but I think the media overplayed that a bit too. You often had the likes of a Meath losing the Leinster final by a big margin and then going up against Tyrone or someone of that ilk 6 days later. They’d have likely lost regardless of the turnaround. The draw has been relatively kind to Waterford in the AI quarter-finals as it tends to be. (Dublin 2015, Wexford 2016 and 2017).

1 Like

I wouldn’t. In case he ever reffed Limerick again

1 Like

A Superman’s bag?

Surely meant a Hungry Lyon’s bag?

Surprised this got so little discussion

He tried to do a funny I think :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I saw that. I wonder did he start his watch early or were RTE late. Either way it seems to have gone without comment.

Two KK defenders stepped out of Canning’s way having presumably heard the whistle. I thought they would have met him front on just to make sure.

RTE are generally a few seconds slow to stop for the water break now.

They’d have done well to stop him you’d feel but regardless. A strange time to blow.