Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Not sure if it will really be typical winter hurling. The weather conditions might not be great but expect the pitches to still be in very good condition.

2 Likes

I’m still buzzing for it, but for the lads involved, it isn’t going to be quite the same.

I suppose sure it’s probably this year and next for a lot of that Tipp team and this is Limericks time.

Fuck it, that would be accepting tipp going well though.

True but a much higher chance of the weather being shite.

Tis mild enough a lot of the time through November into December nowadays, the shite weather often comes in February

That Cork team just aren’t good enough as much as anything, in any conditions. They’ve had brilliant young fellas like Fitzgibbon and Coleman come along as well and still bait last year.

Long range scores thing with Limerick issomething I hadn’t thought about but is very true. Theres Byrnes and I’m struggling after.

Well Byrnes not being able to hit it wide from the half back line might be a bonus :grinning:

1 Like

Hannon back to the forwards as he’s proven in monsoon conditions where you can’t see the posts

That will be one half. It will be going beyond the carpark in the other half.

Don’t think LK are massively dependent on long range scores, definitely not as much as they were in the Whacker Teej era anyways.

1 Like

Limerick take a massive amount of shots from out the field.

This id say is the one year that I just hope we get the inter county hurling championships going -senior, u20’s and minor,

No sweltering heat or shite pints from the Ardhu,

Be an added bonus if we give a good account of ourselves from a Limerick perspective which would shorten the winter a bit.

Ye think it’ll actually go ahead lads?

No. Not as scheduled certainly.

Odds on ye would be destroyed by Limerick,especially with the omissions from the Clare panel, get where you’re coming from there pal.

Wouldn’t have thought so - Limerick in the last few couple of years especially have been focused on working the ball up the field. Byrnes will always go for the distance shots, but Hannon, for a man with a great radar generally prefers to play the ball and Morrissey wouldn’t be a noted point scorer. Lynch, if he points, is always within the opposition half and WOD again wouldn’t be a noted point scorer. DOD alright can strike from distance.

I’d say Davy has had a game plan for a winter championship in his back pocket for years, ready to unveil.

You’re talking about scores. We almost always have 10+ wides every day from shooting from out the field. Especially from wide positions

Either way, we are not dependent on long range scores, whether or not we indulge in long range speculative shots.

1 Like

We dont really work it in for goals. Kinnerk is a lot happier seeing lads tipping over from 40/50 yards