Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Well he has obviously impressed Liam Cahill. He is not giving fellas soft games or sticking with the tried and thrusted so Ian Kenny has earned his start.

That would worry me.

Hatchet man for TK

He’s not a hatchet man at all, unfortunately. I’ve never seen him pull a dirty blow.

Advantage Clare

1 Like

Gleeson being out injured from the club football has curtailed his chances to impress.

Hopefully Kenny steps up to the plate but it reminds me of the time Justin threw in Denis Coffey (who was flying in training) against Clare in 08.

Who are Waterford missing due to players opting out ? Tom Devine , Philip Mahony , Shane Bennett - any more ??

Who was Dennis Coffey? Have no recollection of him playing that day, what position was he? Kevin Moran was put in for his first start at full back and got roasted by Gilli

He’ll do fine on Ryan Taylor. In fact he’ll ate him.

Denis Coffey played for Saint Mary’s. And was a very average club player. Played several league games for Waterford. Marked Eugene Cloonan back in Walsh park one day and was taken for 3 or 4 goals. Back in 06 he was taken to the cleaners by Eoin Kelly up in cork I think.

Denis Coffey didn’t start that day in 08. Kearney and Bull Phelan were the corner backs. Mark Flaherty announced himself that day. Tadgh Keogh came on at half time that day for us, dunno what ever happened to him

Mea culpa.

Keogh was a middling enough club corner back himself. Darragh Clancy started that day despite doing his ankle in the warm up and came off at half time. He was a fine hurler but went off to Dubai or somewhere soon after. Opened the door for Pat Vaughan to have a county career for 3 or 4 seasons.

1 Like

I thought it was Gerry O Grady who came off? Diarmuid Mac had his best day in a Clare jersey that day in first half.
I was joking about Keogh btw, nowhere near the standard

Does David Burke and Harte coming back in mean that Galway are going with a sweeper from the get go? Mannion sweeping and Burke midfield?

I know Lynskey has won a ball of minor all Ireland’s utilising a sweeper but will the Galway hurling public be as open to the seniors doing it? Especially if they lose to Tipp.

Maybe, Clancy missed the next day due to the ankle and was replaced by Vaughan. Vaughan scored a goal that day from corner back, Brian Murray never even saw it

I’m not sure that Galway middle third are lined up in their optimal positions

That’s right. The Moran’s were Limericks only players that day, scored about 1-7 from play between them. I think we scored four that day

Barry Nugent did untold

1 Like