Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

2 Likes

I envy you to be honest.

I’m so worried about the manner in which we could get destroyed later I’m finding it difficult to get out of bed today.

Any few leaves to collect there?

It’s actually horrible watching the games your own county is in at home.

1 Like

It’s cute how @KinvarasPassion mentions a stone wall and all the pretend farmers get pretend excited

2 Likes

Tipp must be big favourites with the bookies?

1 Like

I think Galway match up well with Tipperary and will win enough of the wan on wan battles around the pitch to take it by 3 or 4.

Undecided about the other game. I was impressed with Waterford last week but there’s the conundrum of their draining defeat and Clare coming into it off the back of two wins. Maybe Waterford narrowly. I was very impressed with Prendergast last week, Prunty is excellent, Hutchinson dangerous. Nice few additions to the strong core already there.

1 Like

Galway hurling supporters didn’t seem overly enthused with the sweeper last weekend but I suppose if they had won, it’d be a different story.

Hard to tell from watching on TV whether it was an orthodox sweeper or whether Mannion had licence to get forward too. Obviously didn’t help a whole pile for the Kilkenny goal chances. Tipp have a similar goal threat which could be crucial. But Galway have a huge amount of physicality all over and dangerous inside forwards.

I think it’ll be a cracker. I just think Tipp might edge it because of the goal threat. Although Willie Connors is possibly unlucky not to start considering the form of some players.

That’s it, form lines would suggest Galway and Waterford but Clare are gathering momentum. I would think Waterfords loss hurt them less than Galways. Galway fucked it away and it might haunt them that bit more.
TK can’t keep going as he is, surely Waterford will surely have a plan for him that can limit him to some extent. I expect Waterford to triumph by 4 or 5 points after a battle.
The other game is a toss up, Tipps main men seem to be out of legs, but Callinan must be well rested at this stage after doing fuck all so far. If himself and Pawdee can find a bit of form and their FB line can hold Whelan and Concannon then they’ll win. I think Galway will take them around the middle third. If Callinan doesn’t fire they win.
I think a strong start will be key. Both sides will have some doubts in their heads. But I think Galway will have too much legs but wouldn’t be putting much on it

I’m getting excited about this today. Tipp and Galway is always good. Every time I look at the teams and (try to) picture how it’ll go based on how both sides have done so far, I see a Galway victory. But…I still fancy Tipp to pull it out of the bag somehow

Waterford went out and pressed Limerick from the front last week in a way Wexford didn’t do to Clare. If their legs hold up I’d have to agree with your summation of Waterford by 8… It’s hard to gauge where Clare are really at given how woeful Wexford were.

Did the mention of them trigger painful memories of the ‘move’ to Kerry?

What sort of form lines suggest Galway will beat tipp? Galway beat a Wexford team who are shite and lost to a very average Kilkenny side.

Tipp got thumped by limerick and bate a shite Cork. Galway beat KK all over the field but got Kilkennyed by two goals and a savage intinsity it happens. They also mauled an admittedly shit Wexford

Tipperary will win this very comfortably.

I think they’ll score a good few goals today with runners drawing out the full back line and popping it over them.

Galway don’t look to have that goal threat and are capable of hitting a hape of wides.

Tipp by 8

1 Like

It’s hard to get a true read on any team really at the minute with the year that’s in it… But it’s all knockout now which should make very good viewing at the least.

I’m genuinely shocked at the amount of people tipping up Galway after last weeks effort. People seem to have forgotten they went up again after the two goals and still managed to lose. I’d be astounded but delighted if tipp lose.

Waterford by four or five and Galway to edge the other wan.

Ah shtop. There will be fuck all between us. Willie Connors will cause chaos if he’s let

Helps with homesickness too.

3 Likes