Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Waterford have a constant 7 backs so even if you turn them over high, the space isn’t there

I don’t think theres anyone better than limerick at the moment for turnovers and they hadn’t space to swing a hurl at times.

And Ryan Taylor had a clear penalty awarded as a 21 in the first half - these things level themselves out over the course of a game. Laois caused Clare plenty of problems in the second half and could have won it in the end but it would have been smash and grab on the balance of play.

That’s fair enough, but you’ve said a few times on here that Clare were 10 points a better team and that didn’t seem to be the case to me on the balance of the game.

Best of luck today. I reckon Clare are much further on than people give them credit for and I don’t think Waterford are ready for this.

I said closer to 10 than the 1 we won by. Rather than being ten points better. Take that as maybe 6 points better

And Limerick were closer to 20 than 10 against ye. What’s your point?

My point is that people said that Laois should have beaten us based off two minute highlights on the Sunday game or were throwing out the sure they only beat Laois by a point. They could have beaten us but would have been robbery and Clare were a good bit better in their performance than the score line suggests

1 Like

Right, I’ve the didsbury version of the hay saved (16k)
Tipp to beat.
It’s really Limerick and kk I’d love to sicken though.
I confess to have nothing but admiration for the tipp team of the past 12 years.
I love playing them.
I genuinely hope the winner wins it out either way.
Galway Galway Galway

1 Like

Ye had yet chance and ye shat yer togs.

DeBurca prefers to hold the middle and sweep onto ball, can’t see him being the one who follows Kelly if they choose to go that route

1 Like

Tony Kelly had his quietest day that day did he?

Thirteen pts, nine from placed balls

He played well but had to play as an orthodox midfielder after the sending off which meant he had to track more and cover back more than the other games. He got taken out with a late body check after about 65 minutes and went out of things after that when Laois rallied late.

Not saying De Burca will follow him. Just that with the condensed space back there it’ll be harder for Kelly to get loose ball, even if Clare are winning turnovers.

So the rest of the team got 14. That’s significantly up on other days.

He got 1-15 against wexford and the rest got 0–06
He got 0-17 against Limerick the rest got 1-04

He isn’t getting loose ball though, it’s quality ball popped into his hand. The other lads are winning the hard ball consistently and Clare put a huge emphasis on hard running third man runs which are very hard to counteract. Ryan Taylor’s goal chance the last day and Kelly’s goal were prime examples of this.

If Clare are winning that ball Kelly will be to the fore. If not then he won’t be as prominent.

1 Like

Similar to Limerick and we had fuck all space in the middle third against Waterford. The half forward line and midfield didnt score nearly as much as they usually do ot get as many clean shots as Kinnerk targets

Hes generally loose when he receives it. He isnt winning much 50/50 ball is what I’m trying to get at, he doesn’t have to, which is a credit to lohan.

I don’t think he’ll get that every day though

Yes but it is winter hurling. You just need to hit around 25 points. Shane O’Donnell hadn’t scored the last two games but has won 8 frees which have been scored along with creating multiple goal chances. Obviously you would rather a better spread of scorers but we have been putting up solid scores all year. I’d be more worried about our defence keeping scores out that us not putting scores on the board.

Discipline is a problem with ye. Stupid fouling seems to have stuck around with ye since Davys time, in my opinion.

This will be a dog fight I’d say. Ye’ll need men like O’Donnell today

I would have thought Waterford have plenty of long range shooters.

Barron, Gleeson, Bennet, lyons, moran are all capable of popping them over

1 Like