Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

I know this is all (lame) “banter”, but it’s a silly comparison really. Not in any way similar players and Hayes is probably more naturally a back even. Canning is the single best hurler ever in my opinion so it’s not like there are many players you can compare to him or that are in the same frame of discussion. Hayes is in his fourth season at senior and has been very good. He’s still growing into it. He’ll be a multiple all star and a Limerick great. I think he will likely have a career somewhere on a par with Padraic Maher. Neither is Maher comparable to or at the same level as canning, but he has had a massive career.

2 Likes

They’re swinging wildly like a boxer that went for an early KO but missed, I’d give them a pass on this.

It’s quite flattering really. Recruited a Limerick manager, attempt to mimic Limerick tactics and then try to stage an anti-Omerta on the INTERNET.

Yeah yeah. “It’s fascinating to watch”. :rollseyes:

The Galway lads have had a fierce inferiority complex since Big Tony Holohan came back and emasculated weedy Ronan Glynn, much like what Mike Casey did to Ronan’s namesake

It really is.

Lads are in a fierce bad way here already, and it only Tuesday.

Pace yourself boys.

1 Like

I have to take Thursday and Friday off work to find my zen for the weekend

It’s absolutely fascinating to watch

cc @glasagusban

I think canning is playing better than ever tbh. Less obvious, but hard graft with flashes of genius. He’s the ultimate team player.

2 Likes

He’s incredible. I still think Galway have worked a bit too hard to be less reliant on Joe, are they getting the absolute most out of him? Still think they should be working him into goal scoring positions at times. It will be a real shame if he doesn’t win more all Irelands. Still think there is ample talent in that Galway squad to win one but time is running out.

All that we are witnessing is Hurling’s new money getting riled up about a game that is 5 days away. This is up there with kids getting anxious around COVID. Everyone just needs to relax and stop reading too much into it.

1 Like

Canning would make a great centre back. Galway just need another free taker that can match his numbers. He can still take the 65’s.

Why not move him back to goalie altogether.

I was being serious…

Ah jaysus.

Pretty sure Portumna had him there in a few games In recent years. But they needed him everywhere .

1 Like

Why not? What do you need at CB? Positional sense, hurling ability, leadership skills, playmaking abilities, chip in with the odd score. Couldn’t Joe do that from back there?

1 Like

There you go! Shove it up your jackser @glasagusban

1 Like

Aren’t they just adorable? Completely ignorant to how far down the actual pecking they are. Barely in the teens in titles between the three of them and decades before any of them could dream of sitting at the top table.

1 Like

It’s facinating to watch.