Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Player - Manager surely?

Only if they’re stuck - he’s done enough as player-manager already

3 weeks on the bounce for Clare & Cork next year, thought they were doing away with that shit

The Leinster counties decided to do away with it, but the Munster counties wanted the status quo, apparently.

Round 4 – 6/7 June
Laois v Wexford
Galway v Kilkenny
Dublin Bye

A real carnival weekend for the Leinster & Rest of Ireland Championship, this one.

I don’t see any dates for the Leinster/Munster finals, but I’m presuming they are going to be on the same day again.

We’ve the week 1 bye for the third year in a row. We’re also playing in weeks 2, 3, 5 and 6 for the second year in a row. We started with 2 away games last year, but it’s 2 home games first up this time. I think that’s unsatisfactory and there really should be a H, A, H, A sequence. I’m also fed up of being inactive when the championship starts in earnest but, sure lookit, we’ll just keep the heads down and get on with it.

1 Like

Ye’re only the small fish, so ye are

Strange rumors afoot in kilkenny :thinking:

I love a Kilkenny rumour

Fielding a football team next year ?

1 Like

Spit it out.

1 Like

Three in a row managers more like.

Joe is worried… had the Galway lads no back up plan to Davy Fitz?

Davy played them like a fiddle.

Hopefully it’ll set us back to 1980.

Focus in Galway remains on itemising the who/what/when of Mighty Mac Meal orders over the past few years. A new manager can wait for now.

Galway in turmoil, Laois’s time has come.

John Kiely is the second longest continuously serving inter county manager in the Liam McCarthy championship with three seasons, joined by Davy who was appointed just after him. That’s mad. Hurling managers don’t last long, (apart from Cody obviously).

By my reckoning across the nine Liam McCarthy teams, outside KK, the managers have 9 seasons of continuous service between them.
Limerick & Wexford 3
Tipp, Laois, Dublin on 1
Waterford, Clare*, Galway & Cork with new managements.

*I’m assuming Moloney is gone.

Sheedy obviously has 4 in total.
Davy Fitz has 11 I reckon, across 3 counties.
Kingston has two under his belt already as well.

So in total every Liam Mac manager across their entire inter county management career’s have I reckon 22 seasons, just one more than Cody on his own.

@Bandage ye are very lucky to have man of Davy’s experience.

1 Like

Relieved to see there were no Wexford players at this launch.

Padraic Maher is now guaranteed to have a poor 2020 season.

Duggan is taking the year off after it