Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Well done Limerick! Horrible game but best of luck in the final.

8 Likes

Job done onto Waterford, fucking sidelines.

1 Like

Galway stuck at it admirably but Limerick well the better team. Joe’s line balls probably kept it tighter than it should have been.

Unlucky Galway backers. Fought to the end. Poor game but we’ll take it . Get well soon Joe.

3 Likes

Congrats to Limerick heads on here. To win without gettin into 3rd gear is a sign of a super team. Hegarty is the kinda bollocks ya want on your team.

Niland was excellent and dragged us back on his own. A lot of lads from 2017 aren’t up to scratch now like Conor Cooney and need to be dropped so younger lads come through.

5 Likes

Not near good enough. Congrats.

3 Likes

Hard luck to my Galway e-friends. Plenty to build on there. Hopefully nothing serious for JC.
Waterford will be fancying their chances big time looking at that. Second day in a row we only played in very small patches.

Hard Luck, again.

Hard luck to @gaillimhmick @Ambrose_McNulty
@Faldo @maroonandwhite and any other Galway based posters on here.

It was bizarre game all told. I don’t ever recall a game like it but as the old saying goes semi finals are for winning and limerick got the job done thankfully.

It’s a huge pity there’ll be nobody at it as a Waterford v limerick final would be an amazing occasion.

8 Likes

Galway management sold out their goalie today

Jesus I know the Galway keeper shtick is a cliche but fuck me that was some horror show

Galway short puck outs lost that game.

1 Like

Best team won. Sin e. Puckouts, which almost killed us against tipp, did for us tonight. Even when young Murphy made that great save, he immediately shovelled the ball directly back out to a Limerick player. Gillane is a tinker to dive, but that was never a red. The belt on Joe was. Anyone who thinks Joe Canning is soft is a fucking idiot.

Just swapped the tea for a g&t.

I’d give SON another year, but the team needs sorting

4 Likes

Limerick operated at 70%

Galway operated at 120%

Limerick 4/11
Draw 9/1
Waterford 3/1

Handicap 4 points

Well done Limerick. Hard luck Galway.

In '17, I got behind Galway as I felt Canning really deserved one and it was in the aftermath of Keady passing.

In '18, I got behind Limerick. 45 years is a long time and I know many decent Limerick hurling folk (in real life and also virtually here).

This year, I’m officially signing in as a Waterford backer. I think it’ll actually be a cracker of a final.

2 Likes

His own half backs and half forwards mainly unfortunately

1 Like

Fyp

Mullane :laughing:

We would have been in business even if our puckouts had been 20% better. I’d say Limerick got 7 or 8 points straight from them.

Still with Cathal Mannion and Joe going off injured they stuck right at it.

2 Likes