Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

To be fair I think ye have won 4 of the last 5 Minor All-Ireland’s so there should be plenty of talent coming. Nobody could get near last years minor team.

We weren’t clinical at all, Galway were dogged as fuck, Joe’s sidelines are some asset.

I thought Tom was immense. Kyle & Byrnes were dominant.

Fuck me that was nerve-wracking. David Reidy will just never do.

Commiserations to our NOGRA brethren. Lost Mannion, lost Joe, had their usual keeper meltdown and still made us sweat for it all the way.

Waterford’s AI to lose.

7 Likes

After all the fun we have to say hard luck to the Galway lads. I’d guess you are looking at a big overhaul on the first 15 with half a dozen having been on the road a long time

Limerick were 8-10 better but a combination of sidelines, 2 fine saves and bad decisions kept it tight

Hope Joe is ok, that was as bad an injury as I have seen in hurling

7 Likes

He’s only a young fella. He clearly has a good strike. You’d have to wonder about leadership in the backs. Positives for the year in the new lads.
Lookit, Limerick were far better.

Hard luck Galway. Could have gone either way. I hope Joe Canning is alright.

4 Likes

I’m only slagging. Good shot stopper and he was trying to play smart ball, sometimes that makes you look like a right prick unfortunately. A few of them were on the wrong side of the risk/reward chart

1 Like

Does he?

Hard to tell about the injury from the telly. I hope it’s concussion??

Don’t know. He knew enough not to move anyway. Hopefully OK. Looked desperate

1 Like

Thanks mate, but not really. Always limericks really. We needed zero wides to have a chance.

Deserved for Morrissey. Did the Mulcahy job today when Mul was off form. Crucial scores at important times.

Donal Og thinks limerick don’t score enough goals.
But should take points when goal chances are on if, in hindsight, they don’t end up in goals.
But taking points when goal chances could possibly be on is killing them.
Cork would want to be careful what the wish for with this lad :joy:

6 Likes

True. And i think a number of them was the fault of the player receiving them, they weren’t all Murphy’s fault.

2 Likes

Galway management were asking to do far too much with his distribution. They have all year, he is a very talented young keeper but to try and consistently hit lads on the run with 70 yard needle threaders doesn’t work, it is too high risk. He has the potential to be an excellent keeper.

17 Likes

“Limerick find a way” says DOG cc @Batigol

Winning is a habit

Hegarty robbed of a man of the match award here :rofl:

Imagine listening to that cunt every night in training, he’d put cork hurling back another 10 years

I’ll happily stick with Eanna Murphy for 2021. Lads like Coen had him down a few times with those puckouts.

Daithi was a joy to watch though. Lived on the edge all night.

4 Likes