Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

I think SON was watching a different game.

Hope that cunt doesn’t get the final

That was the weakest AI semi final that I can remember in recent years. None of the intensity Waterford brought yesterday.

Hard luck to Galway. Losing Mannion and Canning arguably worry three points. Even still, I don’t feel the Galway team reaches the capability of its talents.

Hope Joe is alright. The best hurler of all time and never good to see a player stretchered off like that.

3 Likes

Well done Limerick, better team but made hard work of it. End of an era for that Galway team, needed goals today but never looked likely.

4 Likes

Harte, David Burke and Conor Cooney all look like they are coming to the end of the road. Coen while full of honest endeavour may come under pressure too. They would be as well off putting Padraig Mannion to centre back and Gearoid Mc to the wing. How long has Canning left, looked to struggle for the mobility needed a bit before the injury.

Will be interesting to see if O’Neill will wield the guillotine.

1 Like

Mind your mouth with that language

1 Like

That half back line of Byrnes, hannon and Hayes is some unit.

2 Likes

David Burke definitely. Think his legs have gone sadly. Conor Cooney is only 28 but seems to have lost his scoring touch completely. Which I can’t understand when you see how good he was a few years back.

2 Likes

I wonder is cooney carrying an injury.

Is Johnny Glynn home these days?

Nope I think he stayed in New York

1 Like

Galway can never seem to get their forwards in form at the same time. One will be a superstar one year and another the next year but the first lad gone completely off the boil. It’s seriously frustrating, the talent on hand on paper is exceptional and they cannot seem to draw it together.

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan as he changes the way we play, but we could have done with him in the HF line.

He had bad back problems for a few years after 2012 but I don’t think there’s anything hampering him now bar a Jason Flynn-esque loss in confidence (and ability).

Elephant in the room

Not easy get an early yellow card like that.

He was absolutely immense afterwards. Think he’s the best corner back I’ve ever seen play for Limerick to be honest.

1 Like

Glynn would be a huge addition to the HF line. He ate Kilkenny down in Nowlan Park last year from there. Agree when he’s in at 14 it means too much route one ball. Not sure he’ll be back though.

Was impressed with Niland’s cameo. Looks a bit of a throwback in that he’s not the biggest or most athletic but a very clever player.

1 Like

He’s not even much use stopping his man tbh at present.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he won’t be back at this stage. He’s gone a long time.

He’s not really much better in club matches too. He was halfback in nearly every Toms match this year and was stone useless.