Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Ye needed a couple of yard dogs like Richarlison :grinning:

Have ye no one to throw ye a few bob down in Cark?

1 Like

He’s playing like a lad with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

That’s a right shame really. Would have been nice to have another game to look forward to.
December looks a bleak month now tbh.

Take it up with Ewan pal

Mackenna will regret drawing the limerick fans on him.

Great to be winning Munster and All Ireland semis while never really getting going. Different lads stepping each day and getting the job done.

3 Likes

Limerick didn’t hit full flow by any means but it is difficult to look amazing against a sitting sweeper.

It worked for Galway in that our full-forward line never got going but they suffered at the other end, hitting a lot of aimless ball on top of our spare man.

We weren’t clinical enough and we need to work on that, but Galway did make life difficult.

Where we won it was puckouts, I think. Murphy never wanted to go long while we did alright with our puckouts to the left wing and also had the short option. Quaid is immense.

1 Like

That’s a fair point, limerick won’t be beaten when they can leave that half backline holding their shape on their 40 metre line. Ball won’t get past that line consistently. Waterford may be able to draw them out a bit more through their hard running but unless you can pull them out of position you aren’t going to get any change out of that line.

1 Like

Yeah, Waterford offer a completely different threat. No backline like being run at. But there may be more opportunities for our FF line too; both Clare & KK got plenty of goal chances.

Was it 95 million it cost the GAA to bail out the cork county board?

3 Likes

Dublin

1 Like

The white elephant in the room

12 Likes

He reminds me of yer one with the big shoulders in popeye.

Nope

I can’t picture her.

Hopefully we get a decent referee for the final to protect us from these beasts.

8 Likes

The fella from Kilkenny with the mange maybe?

2 Likes

ABF. Anyone but Fergal.

It’ll surely be Colm Lyons.