Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Agree with that. Two teams whose respective strengths mirror the deficiencies in the other team.

There are at least four Dublin backs that would improve the Cork defence while Dublin lack the sharp hurlers up front that Cork have.

I think this could be a real high scoring game but not in the recent sense but through poor players being exposed on both teams.

I’ve a slight fancy for Dublin if they manage to keep 15 players on the field. They should have beaten them in 16 but Crummy was sent off.

2 Likes

Cork can still be dangerous when they get their running, fast game going. But it’s been a while since we’ve seen it now. The likes of Conor Lehane need to show that they’ve still got it.

Literally haven’t a clue what to make of Dublin

Lehane got TFK jinxed last week. He’s finished now, if he wasn’t already

Jaysus don’t write him off, he’s a great guy for a goal in big matches

Cork are very difficult for any team in the country when they get that game going alright. However you have to earn the right to play that game by winning primary ball and turning over opposition. Cork almost seem happy to let the opposition take a shot so they can restart on their terms.

They seem to have an imbalance of too many lads wanting to play that running game but not willing to work to do so. Its a case of let’s let Bill Cooper win the ball back and then we will do the business

I think Kingston mightn’t be overly disappointed with a defeat. Makes it easier to have a bloodletting over the winter and move on from a number of the lads who are around 6 years +

Cork looked to be going nowhere in 2016 yet improved hugely and were a very good side in 2017 and 2018 due to the emergence of 4 or 5 new players.

The current side isn’t capable of delivering an A/I. Time to tear it down for the most part and go again.

2 Likes

Dublin will bate Cork a point a man.

Cant see Kingston being there next year if beaten. His position would be pretty untenable imho.

Did he not survive the Wexford defeat in 2016? Given Covid I think he would get another year

I agree with that but you need a new voice to implement this. Cusack is the man. Generation coming through idolised him. He got good experience with Clare. His teams would play with intensity and purpose.

Cork will surely find some Corkness for today

I’m telling you the cork hurling public will not tolerate being beaten by Dublin. There is zero chance he is going to be there next year if that transpires.

The well has run dry of Corkness. They’ve shamed the double anniversary celebrations

I went and had a look and there’s a couple of buckets at the bottom of the well…

Ye should give Denis Ring his shot at it.

1 Like

Please dont.

1 Like

Get Canning on commentary duty in Nowlan Park

Clare 2 points up early

Goal for Laois who capitalise on a blocked down clearance

This is so true.

1 Like