Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

I wouldn’t begrudge Cork getting back to the top table. However, we’re creeping up on them on the roll of honour, so I wouldn’t mind them staying put for a while :slightly_smiling_face:

There’s a generation down here that have never seen Liam… They’ve no Corkness. They don’t even know what it is.

2 Likes

Paul Galvin bate the Corkness out of all of them

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll want them to win one when your little one starts shouting for “da rebels”

Unless one of her relatives bring her to Cark games I can’t see how she’ll develop an interest.

Keep em down while we can kid. They’ll back at the top for long enough

It’s the season of goodwill. I’m saying nothin

1 Like

If you enlist you must soldier.

Please don’t turn into the type of oddball that gets his kids to support a county other than their own :pray:, Kerrymen are the worst for that.

1 Like

She’ll see Cork when Limerick play them.

7 Likes

Unreal. To do a 180 on it, I took the wifes nephew to the 2010 final. Hed never seen Kilkenny bate

She can support who she wants kid.

Remember walking out after the 07 semi final and a Waterford lad (as sour as hell) said KK would bate Limerick out the door in the final.

I just smirked that it was just as well Waterford didn’t make it then. As if Limerick could put 5 past them what would KK do. He got his answer 12 months later.

In fairness, I was roaring the blaas on in 2008 against Tipp in the semi final. Was delighted for those players like Ken, Dan, etc

1 Like

It doesn’t work like that, you need to encourage her to support Cork, she’ll see you in your Tommy Quaid jersey and think that’s the way to go,
Christ there’s nothing worse

And the denim shorts :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

She has her very own Limerick jersey for this weekend.

1 Like

My lucky outfit… The one day I didn’t wear it last year was v kk and we lost.

As a Waterford man I can’t wait for Sunday to come around quick enough. I saw these lads playing at the start of the year and the one thing I said was they will finish every game strongly, so any team beating them will have to be out of sight by the 60th minute because they will keep coming. Anything I have seen since has only made that view more solid. Limerick are a fine team and I won’t begrudge them the win if it happens on Sunday but the time is now for this Waterford team. I just hope both teams give their all and the ref is fair and consistent to both teams. It is unreal down here, so little talk, not a squeak from the camp. I can die a happy man on Sunday if we win. Up the Deise!!! this is 50/50 game history counts for sweet FA.

12 Likes

The 3 games in 3 weeks and the 7 day turnaround between the Cork replay and the Limerick semi final killed Waterford in 2007.

Waterford were a lot more primed to face Kilkenny in 2007 than in 2008. Don’t think they’d have beaten Kilkenny in 2007 final but could have pushed them hard. Waterford did beat a near full strength Kilkenny in 2007 League Final.

Waterford stumbled through 2008 and were never going well that year. There was the messy parting of the ways with Justin, a handy run through qualifiers, though not playing well and then the one big performance of the year to ambush an over confident Tipperary in semi final.

3 Likes

Naturally. And cork, but less so.