Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Ballymac women would be ‘rugged’ to say the least

This patently isnt true. I very much doubt anyone hates Limerick. Why are you so intent on creating a narrative that isnt there?

I don’t hate Limerick. That said, I would prefer to see Waterford to win on Sunday.

2 Likes

+1

I think its the dream final. No one would begrudge either side of the win. Both have invested hard in youth, and its paying off. You’d be happy to see both hoover up All Ireland’s as it sets a good example.

Hopefully Laois can nip in under Cheddar and grab one soft one at some stage too.

2 Likes

I can’t see Waterford supporters immediately assuming they are a dynasty after winning one, bit more connected to earth so they attract the neutrals

You havent spent much time among Waterford supporters.

Anyway, every county have their gobshites. Waterford have done great work to bring through the hurlers they have. Limerick have too.

1 Like

Some counties just want to keep others down unfortunately. I’d like to see everyone win one

5 Likes

They had their fair share of arrogant cunts between 02 and 07, I would not say any more or less then any other cunt but enough of them all the same. The run up to the 07 semi was particularly poignant.

I was once somewhat like this. I selfishly and immaturely wanted other counties to be waiting even longer than Wexford for an All Ireland. I didn’t want us to stand out as underachievers or something. I was kidding myself - it’s actually great to see other counties take home the big prize after such a long time and several near misses.

3 Likes

Would you ever give over.

Poignant?

1 Like

I love Limerick, absolutely love the place and the people, roared my head off in Croke Park in 18 and had a lump on my throat when Richie came away with the ball right in front of me and they started blasting dreams,

But like all neutrals I’ll be supporting (whatever that means) Waterford on Sunday, it’s always brilliant to see a new name on a cup, Waterford is one of my favourite places on the island and I have a few good pals down there from my college days.
But I won’t get too excited either way this time, mostly I’d like to see a good close game

7 Likes

Please the gods Wexford are top dogs again soon.

You wouldn’t begrudge Wexford either.

I wouldn’t begrudge anyone except Tipp and Kilkenny…

If Waterford win on Sunday, that makes the Wexford wait back to 1996 the longest of the frontline hurling counties. The years rattle around quickly. I remember my mother saying in 1996, thank God they can’t say any longer it’s 28 years since they last won it. 25 years for Wexford by the time 2021 comes around.

CC: @iron_mike

You’d be happy enough with anyone outside the top three. They’ve enough won

1 Like

And I think that’s fair enough. The two of them were in enough finals against each other over a decade or so.