Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Is that a memorable ger canning commentary??

That’s amusing to think of actually. I’ve had my kids up and down the country for Limerick matches and they love it. Chose watch the match home in Dublin with the kids on the couch then head down to Limerick for the event.

They however wear both jerseys Limk and Dublin. That’s not too conflicting as rarely will they be in competition with each other. When the dubs hurl against anyone bar limk, we all cheer for them. When the dubs play football, they cheer for them. I don’t.

2 Likes

Mike Casey or Richie English are far better than Lucey for me.

I think Foley was coming to the end then so I’d nearly opt for Lawlor instead.

1 Like

Casey and English are not in the team in 2020 and would you ever stop in the name of god it’s Foley all the way.

Foley was a worse whack it merchant than Byrnes, who you routinely give out about. Only Foley didn’t have the range Byrnes has so instead of hitting the few scores or the few wides they routinely landed down on top of our corner forwards head. He was a forwards nightmare… for our forwards! His man also routinely picked off a few loose scores.

He was a good player of his time but to declare him better than any of Byrnes, Hannon, or Kyle Hayes or even Dan if he was out there is a strange call.

Anyway, carry on.

3 Likes

He was on the bridge in Carrick on Suir tonight.

Ok mate you get that picking a fictional composite team of two teams 13 years apart is a fantasy exercise, right? Course you do. Settle down there now, good boy.

I think Foley was a bit past it by then.

He was never at it :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Would you ever fuck off for yourself. :rollseyes:

Between your utter bias for Na Piarsaigh players, your weird obsession with average Cork players and now your insistence on claiming Mark Foley was a better player than any of the current 6 defenders, I think we get the picture mate.

Take your chastising now and run along.

1 Like

Interesting that you don’t have a clue why ye won that game. Seanie O’Connor was put on Tony Browne and his only job was to stop Tony distributing ball into the forwards. That was the main difference from the munster final.

Hurling men, ha. Poor auld Seanie never got the credit. Hickey played so well that he couldn’t be dropped for the final and he lost ye the match.

1 Like

Limerick’s top supporter has now found himself arguing against Limerick legend and two time all star Mark Foley :smiley: You really are a stupid fat wanker.

Now now Cinderella, your woke brigade mates would not be pleased with that type of abuse.

Foley was a great player for Limerick. But he’s not as good a player as the current 6 defenders. Any of them.

But carry on.

1 Like

Didn’t mark foley win young hurler of the year too in the 90s? Must say a lot about Kyle Hayes if after two games in the backs he’s already had a better career for limerick than foley.

Yes, he is already a better hurler and a better wing back than Mark Foley.

Foley was more skillful than byrnes tho, a better hurler

What good was that when every wing forward he was supposed to be marking scored five or six points.

1 Like

what? what wing forwards got that of him? crazy talk

It’s well acknowledged that he was a great man to clear a loose ball but over all a poor marker.