Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

He was probably following rugby back then so he mightn’t have seen much of foley play.

It’s very difficult to compare players from different eras. I’d say If mark foley was around now he’d be more Of a sweeper. He’d also benefit hugely from the modern day coaching and tactics nowadays. Back then the main tactics were whack it.

I know people have said foley was outstanding in the 96 run I think it was but never really kicked on from that. Limerick weren’t a great side for a lot of his career too so it’s madness to just totally dismiss him.

Mark foley was an unbelievable player and woud have got into any IC team. fucksake

3 Likes

I see the lovely well spoken children of Adare were on the news tonight.

2 Likes

Ah Jaysus prime Foley had tonnes more hurling than Dan and id burn Adare.

3 Likes

You are going to drive the angry man insane here with these posts.

I’m very proud of principal stephen.

1 Like

I didn’t think we’d ever hear you say that. Nowadays limericks 6 backs could be marking 5 or even 4 forwards between them. It’s very tricky to compare players. Foley was a great servant.

i dont mind, weve an AI to be dealing with. hope all is well my friend

1 Like

As bad a defender Foley was, Carey was worse. These are tough truths for us lads, but we have to accept it. Carey was a great hurler, but he wouldn’t defend a bag of spuds from a gaggle of ducks.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for Sunday now. I’m looking for a photo for the limerick team that toured America in the 1930s I’d it thrown around at home somewhere but can’t find it anywhere. Hope you are well.

2 Likes

your sum man u cunt :grinning:

1 Like

Foley and Ollie Moran were the two stalwarts that battled manfully to the end against KK in the 07 final, he cleaned up a rake of ball on his wing that day while Lawlor got rinsed by Larkin on the other side.

1 Like

You’d a fella arguing with me not so long ago Larkin had a great game that day!

Enjoy the final.

1 Like

That’s it… The team are harmless out. As harmless as can be. There isn’t the guile in many of them to do anything sneaky hence they get I so much public bother…

Most of the fans are sound too. There is a few absolute cabbages though. Fellas that Cyril would be looking down on… Fellas using their annual leave to chase them around merica for example who wouldn’t leave West Cork to see them normally

I’d say that can be consigned to the back of the press now kid barring you get a tailor at it to Throw an extra button on it

Would he have got in ahead of any of the cork half back line of his era?

Yes

Jaysus. He must have been a lot better than I thought.

Any ideas if I’ll be able to watch this online lads?

1 Like

That’s a hell of a cork team.