Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

The Irish Indo’s prediction page has 10 columnists predicting a Limerick win and 2 predicting a Waterford victory (John Mullane and Brendan Cummins).

The best two teams in the country are in the final tomorrow, it’s going to be a great game and a worthy winner.

Fuck Tipp!

When are they making a final decision on Club or County first in 2021?

I thought it was today?

County first. Not a hope club can go first with restrictions.

It’s a no brainer really, but I’d like to see it confirmed all the same.

They’ve been dilly dallying for a few weeks now.

John fogarty was in examiner last weekend saying county first and he’s usually spot on.

Actually now. I’m not slagging you or anything, but I reckon they’re going to go with club first and possibly an Autumn championship. Assuming vaccinations get underway shortly it’s going to take a while to get a decent amount of the population jabbed. The longer they leave it, the better the chance they have of getting higher attendances.

1 Like

But there’s no guarantee club teams can train/play for a fair few months yet.

We’ll be left with nothing for Jan/Feb/March possibly even April.

County can go ahead no matter how bad it gets.

Listen, I’m just going on a hunch, nothing else. At the end of the day you and I both know that money talks. At the end if the day if they think they have half a chance of getting 20k or so into stadiums bt fall, I think they’ll hold off on the inter county.

Could they run off the leagues during lockdown. A break for club and then resume intercounty late summer

I see your point but be no hurling until june if club goes first.

I know kid. But it’s the money.

A ‘hybrid’ season.

The county will be played first. We’ve seen an intercounty championship can be played during lockdown, club championships cannot. I’d like to see it confirmed soon all the same like @peddlerscross as a lot of clubs are already back or planning on going back soon when there’s no need

3 Likes

I heard the government have planned on using the 6 Nations as a trial event to get some spectators back at sports events.

You’d think the GAA will make some attempt to get fans back from March even if it means marking the seats out and blocking off certain areas.

Not the free for all we had during the summer where everyone piled into the exact same section despite there being big stadiums being used.

It’s a no brainer.

Saying that I’m unsure as to why we need to play league

1 Like

Presume they’ll stick to that calendar going forward as well

They’ve partioned Division 1 of the Football League. They’ll be depending on the goodwill of Arlene to get the northern half done during their inevitable lockdown

I’m surprised it’s finishing so early in July.

Looks like you’ll be finished in early June if you don’t make an All Ireland Semi Final.

You’d hope Tipp just pick a date, i.e last week of July as a definite start date, rather than this nonsense of if Tipp get knocked out early, then Club Championship is brought forward.

Looks like I won’t see the Galway Races again for a while :cry: