Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Thanks for spotting that, I’ll amend accordingly.

Invictus MMXX

Drew with Wexford and drew with Kilkenny.

Close, but no cigar.

Tipp 61? Won all their league and championship games that season.

The best appointment Kiely ever made was the INTERNET liaison. He’s a force of nature.

Yep it was said in the Irish times tipp did it in 1961. I’m nearly sure I posted about it at the time. I didn’t look up the results though.

From what I can see tipp won all their league games and championship games in 61 but I’m not sure if there was a 3rd competition at that time.

Yes 10 from 10. Limerick are 13 from 13 but that includes the Munster hurling league

So 100% record for both teams.

I wonder have any other teams done it in hurling? That was some Tipp team back then (according to my auld lad) so Limerick are in esteemed company now.

Tipp had a few other years unbeaten (65 I think and definitely 01) but as rightly corrected, a few draws thrown in.

Munster Hurling League :laughing:

There was a seriously complicated looking league ran in 1961.

You’re also incorrect ( not for the first time)to say that before 2020 Tipp were the last side to go unbeaten. Kilkenny did it in 06 only drawing a league game with Limerick.

Where did I say Tipp were last team to do it??

Dunno . Maybe ask Jimmy from wiltshire farm foods when hes delivering your dinner tomorrow

1 Like

Log out you fool of a man

Fuck off you idle sniping waster

2 Likes

Master Fool of the Raggert

Delicious

1 Like

Oireachtas Cup, which was a keenly fought competition. Tipp drew a game in it, unfortunately.

Tipperary 2001 drew with Clare in the South East Waterford Crystal League before losing to both Cork and Limerick, unfortunately.

So, Tipp 2001 drew with Wexford, Kilkenny and Clare and lost to Cork and Limerick, unfortunately. Good side though and ended up National League, Munster and All Ireland Champions

Your goggling like fuck :joy: