Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Why has jack, who doesn’t want anything for Christmas, have an American accent?

The arrogance of people born in Limerick by accident of birth right now is a sight to behold

1 Like

Dalton has given cork a good option up front, he’s been very good.

1 Like

You happen to think they are two good teams?

And most of those mentioned won’t make it in the medium term. But there in no point completely writing all of them off either. Cathal Malone was 25 when he got his first start and looked a good bit short of the required standard and he is one of the few lads we have now who you can hang your hat on to perform every game. Peter Duggan spent 5 years in and out of the match 26 let alone getting game time. Lads take time to find their feet, some will improve those that don’t will be replaced by the next group coming through.

4 Likes

Cork deserving of their lead; definitely working harder than last week, just making contact with the Dublin backs way more. O’Connor & O’Flynn are offering something in that regard and have the raw pace to cause trouble.

Cork puckouts were much etter but since the sweeper has gone back, they’ve probably turned over the ball a little too easily. Still, clearly have the shooters. Kingston probably the pick of their players so far.

Dublin are working hard too, making life difficult but if you are playing a sweeper, you have to use the ball better than that. They’ve turned over some ball way too easily. Some relates to Cork pressure but there are fellas getting blocked down standing up which should never ever happen.

If they had gone in 3 or 4 behind, they’d have been really happy. 6 is more reflective of where it’s at and they’ll need a huge improvement. Dillon probably should have scored a goal and maybe there are goals in there if they can use the ball better.

1 Like

Great score by Horgan but his defensive work is appalling. Dalton, Meade etc busting their hole while Horgan watches on with his hands at his hips. And every 50/50 ball he just points the hurley at the ball and goes over it; use your body or stand the man up ffs.

1 Like

One of the teams played quite well in the first half

That Ronan Hayes is getting nothing. The route one to Suthcliffe is shockin.

I
Off with the bollox

I don’t know about TOM tbh.

Great post.

Had Cork a bit of a breeze in the 1st half. Looked like it looking at the flags in the Killinan end

Poor enough tbh . The hurling championship has been poor overall so far . This isn’t about Lk folk being arrogant .

The championship needs Lohan v Davy & Cork v Tipp next weekend to really ignite it.

8 Likes

Be box office alright

How would you make the assertion that Cork have been poor enough in that first half exactly? Or had you your mind made up before the throw in?

Agree

Dublin v poor. Half back line is non existent. FF line being cleaned by a makeshift cork full back line. I think we are still in it but only just

I was biased before the game as I thought cork have regressed over last 2 years

The game has been poor enough overall . Cork look a lot better team and improved from last week but the game is listless .

2 Likes