Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Dublin look to have the wind in the second half. Give ye a chance yet. This Cork team don’t have the stomach for it when it counts.

1 Like

Important stop.

That score was typical Dublin.

That’s not a card

Barely a free.

1 Like

Elbow in the ear is a yellow at least

2 Likes

When did that happen?

That’s what Cork defenders have needed to do for years now. Make the attackers think twice about going in for goal

That’s a fair point, whenever Malone has a good game for Clare you can be damn sure that Clare have played poorly. He has been persisted with and given every chance and has repaid that to be fair. Everybody could see that Peter Duggan was well up to county standard from a young age, it just didn’t click for him for a few years. That’s different to the players we have now who just aren’t intercounty standard. Lohan dropped a few lads off the panel early in the year Ross Hayes, Keith White who have infinitely more potential and cut than the likes of Paidi Fitz and Paul Flanagan. And dropping Diarmuid Ryan for today, who was way more about him than a Stephen OHalloran. I think Clare would be better served by playing and persisting with players who have intercounty potential than lads who are honest but will more than likely not be good enough.

Dublin’s use of the ball makes me sad. Headless.

Kilkennys form not looking great watching that Dublin side.

Corks shooting accuracy is very impressive.

How many wides have they?

Line of form would make Cork 10 point favourites over Limerick.

Great score by Crummey, making a little bit of a difference inside.

O’Flynn allowed to do whatever he wants.

I wish

1 Like

Ryan hopefully has a big future but I think his decision making on the ball v Limerick and again today is a level below what is needed but he will improve.

Hayes, O’Halloran, Taylor and McCarthy all have attributes to develop into solid intercounty hurlers maybe more. O’Halloran’s stick work is excellent and will only improve if he is persevered with. Our lack of a centre back is a real worry, Morey isn’t the answer and looked all at sea when ran at second half. Having Conlon at 11 and Shanahan at 6 would make us far more solid but one is injured and the other not interested due to previous back injuries. Even Cleary at 6 would improve us but there is no obvious replacement at 3.

Were Dublin like this last week?

Dublin have tried nothing and they are all out of ideas

2 Likes

They were for about 45 minutes.

I’d assume Lohan is of the mind there isn’t a whole lot to be gained by blooding some of the younger fellas this year