Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Losing to KK in 2015 was poor alright

Tipp v cork and Davy v Lohan would be a good draw for the gaa to fix

7 Likes

He wasn’t a great man manager, he’s a brilliant organiser etc but not tactically great either

They were better under Gilroy

Along with the two provinical finals, should be a cracking weekend of hurling in fairness.

3 Likes

Its a tough ask for Cork next weekend. Lots of knocks and niggles. Our backs are poor and will be expoited by a better forward line than what Dublin could offer.

1 Like

Not sure how I’d rate that. Cork did enough. Dublin were shite. Meh

Dublin drew with Wexford beat us and shoulda be beaten Kilkenny last year. Kenny had them going well but that defeat to fast Eddie took his soul

Look, suppose you have to credit to Cork in that they were definitely better than last week. Worked a lot harder and you’d have to say the players they brought in all did better than the fellas they replaced. Robbie O’Flynn in particular made an impact although you’d wonder how he’d do in a more congested game. But yeah, unless Cadogan is fit, it’s hard to see any further changes.

And obviously the increased work rate played a part in Dublin’s poor delivery but it was fair bad even when they worked the ball. Lump it down on top of a 2 vs 3 at FF seemed to be the only plan second half when they weren’t hitting it wide over their heads.

Cork could definitely beat Clare. Hard to see them beating Tipp. Wexford would be interesting.

3 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Nolan is a prick and a half

I know a lad that coached him at club level and said he is a gentleman.

De duds need to stop wasting their time on spud hockey

Meade MOTM.

That was the big difference today. Fellas getting stuck in, the like of Cooper doing untold in the trenches

1 Like

Woeful game of hurling. That Dublin performance was one of the worst I’ve seen in a long time. Better from Cork this week but the Jacks rolled over for them. Cork to bow out tamely in the next round.

Piss poor today but can be magical

For the sake of narrative we hopefully get

Tipp v Cork
Davy v Lohan

Coleman

Leinster final is next Saturday night at 6.15

I hope they show a bit of sense and televise both Round 2 qualifiers live at 2pm and 4pm - and don’t have one or both clashing with Galway v Kilkenny.

8 Likes

Will Sky have the 2 qualifiers ??