Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Limerick isn’t known for its seismic events

1 Like

Was thinking that :joy:

So Ebola could happen in Tipp?

Could?

1 Like

Ye’d need something to happen in Galway too. I’d say Galway would have too much physicality for Cork and match up well against them!

1 Like

Don’t know tbh I’d say we’d have a good lash off Galway as long as Cork actually turn up unlike v Waterford

The hurling rankings atm
Limerick
Galway
Tipperary
Kilkenny
Waterford
Cork
Wexford
Clare

If we had Conlon, Duggan, Galvin et all available I’d have us ahead of KK.

Any one from top 5 can win it. Bottom 3 are at nothing

I’d be fairly shook if Waterford managed to win it despite their fine victory last weekend. Maybe that will change if they put it up to Limerick. Any of the top 4 I’d say.

2 Likes

I’d agree. Could come down to who meets who. Limerick look strong, and should (please god) win it. Galway are well positioned too and looked impressive against Wexford. But Tipp could easily have the firepower to beat Galway and Kilkenny proved last year they had the beating of Limerick.

I can’t see the winner coming from outside that 4

Limerick are peerless.
They grace their opponents with their presence.

Waterford will win diddly squat.

I was very impressed with Galway against Wex — If we’ve still got a patched up defence if these two meet , Galway will wipe the floor with them.

1 Like

Galway would beat us by 15 points, KK would beat us by 10 - we can’t live with physical teams.

1 Like

Live in hope is my motto

1 Like

I’d have a very large bet with you that neither of those outcomes would be accurate, I believe that Cork would match up well to KK, close to 50/50.
While they’d struggle to match Galway 15 points is a huge exxageration, Cork were good yesterday, worked their socks off when the game was there to be won, used and worked the ball well, took good scores all day long. It was an encouraging performance

5 Likes

Id be inclined to agree with @Turenne. Our backs are poor for this level and physically we would be eaten alive in middle third by the better teams. We have some good forwards but we don’t play to their strengths. We look a very poorly coached team imho.

Speaking of teams matching up, Cork match up very well against Limerick and give them a way tougher game than other sides.

2 Likes

The current Limerick team have yet to beat Cork in 70 minutes . That is a fact . That said Lk have improved since they last met and Cork have certainly regressed

1 Like

I’d be very surprised if Kilkenny or Waterford won it. Either of those would barely beat Wexford. It’s between the top 3.

1 Like