Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Don’t be a slave to the clock mate.

And even at that he managed to extract the craic from it

Limerick v Waherfud - the Blaas will be gamey and difficult to put away, but ultimately I can’t see them having the firepower to do us yet.

Galway v KK - Hard to know really with the formlines, towards the tail end of the league The Legal One seemed to be getting to grips with Galway, and they did swat away Wexford with ease but Wexford were abysmal. You know what to expect from KK. You never do with Galway. Despite that, I’ll give Galway the tentative nod.

Cork vs Tipp - probably the most interesting one of the weekend, and these games often take on a life of their own anyways. It depends on how much Tipp are bothered: they looked pretty ordinary against Limerick and if they are depending on the old timers to go to the well again for them in the middle of November, I think they’ll struggle. Kingston got some of the younger guns for Cork up and motoring the last day out, but a win against Dublin is a win against Dublin - the jury is still out.

Wexford v Clare - Two bad teams

Now @Bandage I hope you are happy.

I think you mean ordinary

The Tipp crowd are always ornery

I mean the early 1800s meaning of “ornery” here rather the late 1800s.

Noted… words are fun.

I only saw the Sunday game highlights of the games last weekend, and it doesn’t seem like the form lines are very reliable but here goes.

For a good few years now I’ve thought Galway have about the most talent available of any squad if they could get their players all in form at the same time, I still think they’re not far off that level of ability. I don’t think you can tell much from the Wexford game because Wexford collapsed but Galway look organised and are working hard. Dublin should have beaten Kilkenny and I think Galway will account for Kilkenny comfortably enough, and I make them second favourites for the AI.

Dublin should have beaten kk from what I saw the week before. Therefore Dublin are some way decent. And cork beat them so are cork are now better than Kilkenny? They’re out for three weeks in a row which has been a factor which throws form lines further out the window. But I think cork might have something about them while tipp looked over the hill against Limerick. Could be a cork three week in a row collapse against a resurgent tipp or, cork’s pace and running make tipp look old and a cork win. I’m leaning towards cork.

Waterford look to be rebuilding to a proper team but I don’t see them beating Limerick.

1 Like

Nicely done.

Go big or go home.

1 Like

You forgot to mention the reliance on JC.

Anyway, that’s a lazy post. Galway’s All-Ireland run in 2018 was a clean sweep. No losses. Nothing to tarnish the victory. No asterisks. They carried that consistency into 2018 and came up short to a strong Limerick side. Canning and Whelan were missing last year against Dublin. Galway have been consistently strong in the past 4 or 5 seasons. I reckon KK know exactly what to expect from Galway.

That’s a very fair assessment. A lot of credit goes to your club man for that.

1 Like

We destroyed them psychologically.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

My post was only 50% as lazy as yours.

I was literally lying in bed writing it, tbf.

@glasagusban suddenly rates Galway. No idea why.

6 Likes

In fairness to him, he had a good post last year around the time Galway were looking for a manager and some ape was suggesting they poach Davy. Effectively called what’s happened, i.e. a few new players, fresh ideas, and drive on.

1 Like

He has always rated Galway highly even before they brought in O’Neill.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t always see eye to eye with the lad, but that is true. Credit where it’s due.

1 Like

Ah yeah I’m only hopping my balls off him.

Galway are good. They have a serious forward line. I think they are serious contenders and I sincerly hope O’Neill doesnt “do a Cregan” in the final