Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

The Ducks thoughts mirror my own.

No. Two more years

Do the lads on GAA scholarships lose out financially if they have to repeat years. I’m sure the Fitzgibbon coach doesn’t object

Fitzgibbon eligibility changed a few years ago to stop lads hanging around third level claiming bursaries in perpetuity. Think you can only play for a set amount of years now.

1 Like

Word on the street is McCormack, Breen and Bonnar straight back into the starting line up. Bubbles and Meagher off the panel. Morgan and Seymour from U20 All Ireland winning team last year come in in place of them. Meagher might get back in with the footballers.

Bubbles was wintering during the championship

He had an achilles injury that required surgery. Its one of the worst injuries you can get and finishes many a career. Hard to keep fit in those circumstances. He was missing for Killenaule for most of the championship.

1 Like

Colm prefers quiet pints with auld lads in the local as opposed to crazy nights out is what I’ve heard.

Have you come around to a narrow Clare win too or is it more that his SWOT analysis covers plenty of the points you raised?

Galvin was never as built up by the media as Kelly, so he never got a similar level of criticism either.

Off to the panel is some fall from coming in as a sub the last day.

He’s not the best for squad morale but he doesn’t really go along with the whole structure of inter county hurling and will do what he pleases.
His lack of performances for his club shows he takes or leaves hurling but just happens to be exceptional at it.

1 Like

There’s more to it, the Tipp county board were unable to rent a horsebox big enough to take him to the game.

Niall O Meara will play wing back supposedly

That’s uncalled for.

1 Like

I didn’t think Sheedy did panic. This smacks of panic.

More his SWOT and rationale. The only way I see Clare winning is if Wexford are flat and we tear into them early and build up an early lead which takes a bit of pressure off us and forced Wexford to chase the game.

I’d be very surprised if we were good enough to to win the game if we are losing after 50 odd minutes

tipp didn’t really give a fuck about beating limerick The last day for whatever reason. It would have taken a monumental effort to topple limerick who had a game under their belt and they could easily have left their all Ireland behind them if they were flat out trying to beat limerick.

It’ll be a tricky game against cork but I reckon If they get over the line they’ll take stopping. Bonnar, Breen and McCormack are exactly the type of lads you want on the field when playing limerick as well you’d think so it seemed odd they weren’t on the last day.

They put him on though.

I’ve heard the Niall O’Meara rumour.

I didn’t hear the other rumours. Off the panel or off the matchday 26 for Bubbles and Meagher?