Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

We can take it from that Wexford team so that Chin will start and Rory O’Connor won’t

1 Like

That’s a lovely team sheet.

A schoolfriend of mine originally from Tipp did mention his sister had a dalliance with Michael Kennedy

Lee Chin would be an enormous loss

The West has always produced players for the county. 87-93 was probably the West’s heyday but after that there was always someone on the panel or team. A different discussion but who was the last Arravale rep on the county? Cappawhite , Eire Og, Clonoulty, Lattin, Cashel, Kickhams have all had someone since 87.

He was brilliant for the size of him and could hurl it any way you wanted.
He was finished by the time he was 20.

I remember him winning the minor for them on his own in 96, in 97 he was a central part of the team that won the senior. He started senior championship in 98 when Waterford beat us in Cork and that was it. He spent time abroad and came back intermittently but had put on a lot of timber.

Breen will have more of an impact than Meade. Ye’ll beat Cork. Breen is an effective hurler.

The use of it was actually outlawed in rule a few years ago. Wexford will get a wee fine from the Croke Park mandarins for that.

John O’Donoghue back in the 60s id say last Arravale man to play championship

He went to the states for years. He’s back a while though. His older brother was the same. Was on the league panel in the late 80’s, maybe after 89. Was taking the frees and hurling well. Then went off to London.

Chin and O’Connor being doubtful has been flagged since last weekend, but I’ve no idea of the status of Kevin Foley and Shaun Murphy. We’re awful divils too for cutting off the graphic so the opposition don’t get to see our subs.

The rovers won an intermediate around 97/98. I have some recollection of one of them gettimg a run in a league game then. Maybe Mark Cummins. He was on the Tipp minors in 96.

I’d imagine John O Donoghue was the last to play championship and that was the 70s. Johnny Ryan captained the minors to the Munster final in 18 and started on 20s last year but has a lot of filling out to do.

Timmy Dalton was the one who had the potential, he bet the living daylights out of Galway in the 06 minor final when Joe was going 3 in a row. I think he scored 1.5 that day. Nothing but beer, chips, betting and cruciates since.

1 Like

They’ll need 7 tomorrow by the looks of things and that just allows Galway rack up a massive points tally.

In that order for Timmy!
Johnny Ryan looks a prospect but as you said needs to fill out and playing Junior A won’t help him.

Clonoulty also had Sean Maher on the senior panel for a while but he fell away. Think he’s only just back playing Junior A.

Bubbles looked a fair size when he came on against Limerick. He bulked up over Covid. Tremendous hurler though it must be noted.

Loose ball hurler imho. For his size, he is not great at winning dirty ball.

1 Like

Didn’t he score 2-9 against Kilkenny a couple of years ago in a league game?Probably a more talented hurler than he’s given credit for. Well able to take a score.

Wrists don’t winter…however he needs to get the ball in his paw before he can use them.

League game

1 Like

Agree totally.

1 Like