Hurling Dream team - forwards

Timmy Mc (2) -Seamus Prendergast(2)-Jamsie O’Connor(8)
Tony Griffin(4)-Colin Fennelly (6) -Ben O’Connor(8)

Anyone going full hipster and selecting Dotsy?

I wish Keaney was there.

Would you fuck off out of it.

My revised forwards
Prendergast-2
Timmy Mc - 2
Chunky Hayes - 2
Eoin Kelly - 12
DJ -10
Luke O Farrell - 2

Give enough ball to Kelly and Carey and we will be grand

Seamus Prendergast Bonner Maher Chunky Hayes
John McGrath Richie Power Conor Whelan

Bubbles is a much worse omission than Shane Dowling. Anyway

Dan McCormack Harnedy Sutcliffe
Conor Whelan Richie Power Dotsy

That list of 2s and 4s wouldn’t inspire ya

No it’s poor but I suppose that’s the point. Stop lads assembling an unstoppable front 6. Needs more thought this way. Excellent stuff @Big_Dan_Campbell

2 Likes

Austin Gleeson 6
Seamus Prendergast 2
Conor Lehane 4

Conor whelan 6
Eugene Cloonan 6
Richie power 6

1 Like

No Willie Hyland, no Party.

1 Like

Exactly. If you want to have a couple of the big boys then you have to surround them with fairly middling lads.

Tomorrow I will start a thread for lads to post their finalised starting 15s.

I think I will put a few rules in place like the following -

76 points for the starting 15 - can be used how you like. So if you want to spend the majority of it on your backline or forward line you can as long as you don’t exceed 76 points.

No more than half a dozen players from a given county - this stops lads filling their side with a 15 from a given county and all the shaved apes from that county voting for that team (yes, i am talking about ye, the limerick lads)

Depending how many teams enter we will have a playoff which will pit one team against another in a public vote - winner goes through to the next round. Do we compare the teams and see would one teams backs hold the others forwards and vice versa etc or vote for the better side or the better balanced side?

1 Like

Henry Martin’s inside forwards:
Donie Ryan James Ryan TJ Ryan

Eamon Dillon
Danny Sutcliffe
John Troy
Conor Whelan
Shane O’Donnell
Conor Lehane

I kinda like the way you’ve done it so far rather than 76 across your whole team. I just think that when it comes to voting, people will look at a team with ridiculous firepower and vote for them, irregardless of the shite they have in the backs.

Also, why is Johnny Glynn 8 points?

1 Like

I’d imagine it is because he had enough in the 10 & 12 bracket.

3 Likes

The same price as Joe Cooney or Ben O’Connor.

Agreed. From memory most of the backs, even the 2s and 4s were decent enough so it makes it more craic to try to fit the forwards in with limited options

Yeah +1. A lot of lads from non-hurling counties (ones that didn’t get out of their their group in the championship last year, for example) would just vote for the top-heavy teams

Tacit recognition that he would have scored that in 2018 if he was refereed fairly

Yerrah he could have went into the 6s, he would be a low 8 on the scale I just felt he had more hurling than the likes of Walter Walsh and has done it for a lot longer than Peter Duggan who are similar style of a ball winning half forward and at his best he is an utter wrecking ball who can take over games.

The thought of having Carey & Kelly in the same forward line with proven scrappers I have to admit is somewhat Erotic.

1. Timmy Mc
  2. Chunky
  3. DJ Carey
  4. Claws Clancy
  5. E Kelly
  6. Shay-me Pender