Hurling Dream team - forwards

Its a grading band, Glynn could be a 6.9 and O’Connor and Cooney a 9.9 in it. Just because they are in the same band doesn’t mean they are the same ability. It is about finding value in each band (2/4/6/8/10 etc).

Done what a lot longer than Peter Duggan?

Fair enough, you rate him a lot more highly than me. I like him alright but I would consider Wally to be way superior to him.

But, as you say, it’s about finding the value.

Shaughs ------Gillane -------- Conor Whelan
Prendergast ---- R Power------ Timmy Mac

Played and stood out at intercounty championship level

Alternative pick:

Seamus Harnedy 6
Danny Sutcliffe 4
David Breen 4
Niall Healy 4
Eugene Cloonan 6
Andrew OShaughnessy 6

Johnny Glynn would be at the lower end of the 6s there if it was me. I’d have a lot of them as far superior to him, Richie Power definitely

Power definitely is a better player but was marked down due to his his injury issues. He is one of the better 6s available in fairness

Ah yeah it’s all opinions anyway. Great work on this generally

1 Like

Conor Lehane (4) Ollie Moran (6) Timmy McCarthy (2)
Richie Power (6) Seamus Prendergast (2) DJ Carey (10)

Decent concept in fairness @Big_Dan_Campbell, will be interesting to see poster’s full teams at the end of it.

Aisake O’Halpin, Eugene Cloonan, Conor Whelan
Pat Cronin, Joe Cooney, Niall McCarthy

Dan McCormack 4, Seamus Prendergast 2, Danny Sutcliffe 4
DJ Carey 10, Richie Power 6, Conor Lehane 4

D. Shananan (8) N. McCarthy (4) T. McCarthy (2)
C. Fennelly (6) S. Prendergast (2) J.Deane (8)

The forward configuration appears to be a lot trickier than the backs despite their being more options. A lot of solid backs in the 2s and 4s while a lot of inconsistent or limited forwards in the 2s and 4s despite there being multiple all stars in those bands

30 point limit proving a bit tougher to get a spread alright - particularly if you want a marquee forward.

1 Like

Agreed; the likes of Reale & Curran in the 2s for the backs were very very solid. The difference between them and a 6 or 8 corner-back was nowhere near as apparent as the difference between an Aisake or Glennon vs a Richie Power or Jamesie.

Theoretically, how would you have ranked Setanta?

Peter Duggan
Harnedy
Niall McCarthy

Sutcliffe
Cronin
Mulcahy

Have you picked your forwards yet?

I thought about him but there are 4 Cork lads from that 2003-2006 team already listed.

Probably a six as we only got a glimpse of him really but he had savage potential.

1 Like

Not yet kid.

I’m waiting till lunch. I’ll just copy yours if I’m stuck.

1 Like