Hurling League 2018

In fairness to Limerick the last time they had a good run in the league they managed to get to the All Ireland quarter finals.

7 Likes

If this was coming from any other county id be salty over it but fuck sake at least our last AI had colour pictures :grinning:

10 Likes

Shure our hearts always go out to Waterford.

I’m the same with Limerick. I’d have loved to see Gary Kirby and Ciaran Carey win an All Ireland. Sadly it wasn’t to be, as they had the misfortune to run into two great teams in the finals.

3 Likes

Oooooft

What?

Ooooooooft :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Indeed.

Steady on ffs. Where do you expect lads to drain the valve?

1 Like

An Offaly team that played in 4 all Irelands in 7 years winning 2. Yere “great” Waterford team in the mid 00s won a league and gave the most embarrassing display of all time in an all Ireland. So much so the Sunday game gave Cody the mom award!!!

1 Like

A body blow offffft.

Will limerick beat tip Sunday week

2004 & 2006 were Waterford’s best chances. They were over the hill in 2007 and the Cork team they beat was on the slide as well. Maybe if the traditional route had been in place they could have got to the final fresh, but they didn’t have the energy for a long campaign.Doubt they would have beaten Kilkenny in '06 but they might have beaten Cork in the '04 final. The team that got to the '08 final was only a shadow of the real thing.

2 Likes

There ya go mate

3 Likes

Oooft

3 Likes

That doesn’t look like the kind of throw-in that ends with a load of gym monkeys poking at the ground.

2 Likes

Weren’t Kilkenny were missing nearly half their team for the '73 final? Including Eddie Keher.

I’d say @Fagan_ODowd laments the loss of this style of tucking in.

3 Likes

They actually had a lad starting who wore a hat and glasses. To this day many believe he was in a witness protection programme.

4 Likes

The religious man is doing a Buff Egan “who’s in midfield?” gesture even though there’s around 20 lads in midfield. Baffling.