Hurling Power Rankings

It’s time alright. And Westmeathians like @Bod95 should be happy. To be revealed tomorrow.

Time to take stock, who’s flyin and who’s dyin.

1. Limerick - still the standard to reach. And by standard I mean Big House funded, full time, criminal vouching, doped up set up.
  2. Clare - the only team Limerick fear, apart from a team of drug testers.
  3. Tipp - they’ll do wreak this year, I smell a wan in a row.
  4. Cork - BACK! I have them down to get out of Munster.
  5. Galway - Shefflin needs to deliver and the new set up will bring them forward. A strong semi final team.
  6. Wexford - can’t be beat right now, some backbone to them. They’ll make it to a semi final you’d think.
  7. Waterford - might be the 5th team in Munster, but could beat anyone on their day.
  8. KK - another transition year and another year to the famine. Should get 3rd in Leinster.
  9. Offaly - great work happening and results are now flowing. Unlucky to be in the league group they’re in.
  10. Dublin - with all their money they still can’t make it. Like the limerick footballers I suppose.
  11. Westmeath - always a result in them.
  12. Antrim - should be higher, only way is up.
6 Likes

C’mere, number 4 is a suspicious entry considering your 1,2 and 3 :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Cork are BACK! Get on with it.

And still trailing behind also rans like Tipp and Clare? :man_shrugging:

That’s not BACK

Which of the top 3 don’t make it out of Munster?

I’m hoping Limerick but sure Big House and all of that :person_shrugging:

Badly rattled, badly.

Yawn

Leave him be. They need this.

1 Like

Truth be told, KK are fortunate to be 8th on that list. Survival In Leinster would be a great year for them.

2 Likes

Davy says Cork are in the first one or two for the All Ireland, and that’s not playing games so it’s not.

Hard to argue with any of that

1 Like

Kilkenny 8?! We’ll win leinster again to set us up for another trimming by limerick.
Forgetting about likes of Fogarty and Buckley would be a help. Wally still has something to contribute.

There’s an argument tbf that we could be 6th with a tailwind and a bit of luck, but we’re nowhere. I can’t remember the last time we beat Wexford. Waterford is a toss of the coin. In fact an early exit to the championship might be of benefit to our already thriving club scene - better to concentrate on this for a while and hope we can translate it to a better county team. I’d go as far as to say that KK in the hurling championship are like Wales in the 6 nations - past glories but built on a foundation of dry sand. Limerick = Ireland in this instance btw, though Ireland do rotate they’re players in big matches over the past 6 years or so.

The next @locke power rankings will be fascinating. Kilkenny will surely rise a bit from a lowly 8th.

Limerick had other things on their mind today.
They weren’t arsed….

Not the stuff of champions though

@Locke really keeping us on tenterhooks here

1 Like

Two big dunts for Offaly and Westmeath over the weekend.