I’m on me holidays so I am

You might as well do the Camino while you’re at it. Would you give @Corksfinedtboy a seat over? He might do a part of it with you. I’m sure he’d have some Basque friends who’ll look after ye well.

1 Like

13 days. With the best will in the world I wouldn’t be able to walk the Camino.

3 Likes

Good man

1 Like

Ahhh, drive it?

1 Like

Indian Ocean sunset

31 Likes

Signing in.

8 Likes

Thought you lived there?

1 Like

Fair play to you finding a bit of the malaysian airlines plane there

Staycation.

Louisiana, Denmark. Some kind of modern art museum I stumbled into a couple of days ago with herself. We were clueless but had a lovely couple of hours there. In these places, if you try to figure it out, you’re fucked I find. It hits you or it doesn’t.

First time away alone without the nippers now that they’re all adults. 20 odd years of packed lunches on beaches. Wouldnt swap them but jaysus, being selfish is its own reward.

23 Likes

Great memories nonetheless but there’s something sad about that, more in the passing of time and things that were that will pass and never come back.

We stayed in a house in recent years, an AirBnB. Pictures of the family dotted all around it. Beautiful memories and just a really happy family.

When we were leaving we met the matriarch. Her husband had dropped dead at the kitchen table one morning a few year back, mid 50s and one of the kids had passed abroad. She broke down going through it, I guess she just wanted to chat. She rents the house now but was considering selling due to it all. You just don’t know.

Anyway, enjoy the holiday, that looks class, forgive the morbidity of a Sunday morning.

7 Likes

Enjoy, sounds class

The artwork reminded me of this ‘modern art’ that was installed in Blackrock Village in the early 80s when it was a very different place to what it is now
As you can imagine the locals were and probably remained dumbfounded but it was nice to climb on and balm out on a sunny day :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Denmark is a great spot. Pricey though.

Copenhagen is an incredible place.

G’wan

1 Like

Oh yeah, there’s an awful lot of sadness in it. And shock, honestly. On a practical level even, you go from being completely indispensable to surplus in what feels like an instant. My youngest (daughter) changed her own tyre the other day - another thing I couldn’t wrap my head around.

But that’s all is it should be. Everyone moves on, and it’d be worse if they didn’t. It feels right being more or less equal parts sad and happy about it all. Next chapter now.

That poor woman in your story … I can’t fathom it.

8 Likes

Nice place when it stops raining

4 Likes

Approx ten mins after this pic was taken, my otter-box, which was already cracked, gave completely and my phone slipped out of my hand…and into the shark infested indian ocean

As per advice from Three, I WILL be reporting it to the guards

3 Likes

Swimming with sharks is a brilliant buzz

A beer and a bucket of prawns by lunchtime. And a heap of lads hangliding overhead. How bad.

7 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing:

4 Likes