I won't be able to drink to spread covid

You’d have to be sure of the flow alright.

If I was in a pub I didn’t know I’d take a pint of regular all day. Murphy’s is still on the go, most of the pubs in Midleton have it. No steady pour though. They still price themselves against Guiness and won’t compete unless a fella has made it his pint

1 Like

Smashing place for a Beamish. A game of rings between pints too :wink:

1 Like

Beamish was ÂŁ1.60 back in my college days. 6 pints and a bag of crisps for a tenner - the right job.

2 Likes

Is that the palace?

Ryan’s of Trimgate St…

Was never in it. Is that new?

Bit of a fire hazard there lad

Jesus I would get back on the Beamish. Always play it safe with the Guinness, especially up here in the capital, but a good pint of Beamish can be a noble thing too.

I never drank a pint of beamish. The only lads I ever saw drinking it were OAP daytime drinkers trying to save a few pence on the pint.
That was years ago and all those cunts are probably dead now. I thought Beamish was discontinued to be honest.
I drank a bit of the Murphy’s Guinness when I was a young lad. It was like a bad pint of Guinness and I was told Beamish was like a bad pint of Murphys and therefore I stayed clear of it.

2 Likes

Years ago all Toyotas were considered rust buckets.

I’ll give it a try the next time I see it on tap and report back

1 Like

Beamish is a far superior stout to Guinness — But i’ve never had it outside Limerick /Cork … In a good pub in Cork i’d rate it 1. Beamish 2. Murphy’s 3. Guinness

There is a wee pub beside the metropole hotel in cork and the beamish there is noble .

2 Likes

I remember drinking Murphy’s out by Tower /Dripsy one night … I’ve never tasted anything as good stout wise and never have since…

You’re a true Corkonian mate

I likes what I likes kid …

Dan Lowrys

1 Like

haven’t been in a while but they used do a nice breakfast.

1 Like

Theres no such thing