I won't be able to drink to spread covid

Went around the old course today in +10 my chipping and putting was off the charts compared to normalšŸ¤£ I was buzzing coming off seeing as I was hung over to fack

5 Likes

1 Like

What are you playing off? Thatā€™s great shooting

1 Like

One of my favourite beers, Old Peculier, in Turf Tavern, Oxford.

Nice glass of coke.

1 Like

14 driving wasnā€™t great but we had locals caddying would have been fucked otherwise my mate who owns a pub in Kilkee got 2 freebie green fees from a member

1 Like

Theakstons?

Exactly. But not, at 5.6%, a session beerā€¦

First time I drank Old Peculier, back in mid 1990s, I ended up like a Teletubby, because I had no notion of the strength. Just thought it tasted great.

Excellent with lots of cheeses and certain foods. I think Old Peculier, like Belgian gueuzes and Flanders red ales, is one of few enough beers great with liver.

1 Like

A lovely sup.

1 Like

A lovely course. I played it once. Thatā€™s good shooting

Thatā€™s incredible shooting by any standard. There are fellas playing off 4 or 5 would be happy with +10 around there.

1 Like

I had a few afternoon pints in Turf Tavern recently, lovely pub in a beautiful city. It was a scorcher of a day so I opted for a craft Italian lager called Peroni.

2 Likes

The Turf is nice ā€“ but probably should be a bit better again. They do not really make enough of the various nooks and crannies. But still a grand place for a drink of whatever sort.

Nearby, on Broad Street, is the White Horse. Great spot, with excellent beer. Probably the best pub in Oxford at the minute. The little snug at the back is one of the nicest places to drink in England, for my money.

I called in there also but it was busy and I was under instructions to find a table for food so had to move on. (It looked like the kind of pub where food should not be served anyway.) Most of the crowd seemed to be settled in for the day.

The food in the White Horse, I am told, is excellent. A small pub, of course, which traditionally has a lot of day drinkers. A pleasant and civilized place for evening drinking. The Bear remains another fine central spot.

Was also in the Royal Blenheim (where I had my only pint of mild, Born To Be Mild) and The Castle (where Hook Norton Mild, tellingly, was not on). Beer pretty interesting in both places, especially in the first Titantic-owned one, but both of these pubs were unpleasantly noisy and potentially lairy. Never my scene, whatever my age. Nightclubs were invented for a reason.

1 Like

By the way, meant to say this place was really good for lunch on Sunday. Surprisingly reasonable for an Oxford spot as well:

1 Like

Wow I drank old peculiar many moons ago a weekend away in Northumbria. Really grows on you and has a serious kick!

1 Like

Can you get this in Ireland?

Iā€™m fairly sure you can pick up botlles of it. Have some idea I got it in Tesco.

2 Likes

Funnily enough: