I won't be able to drink to spread covid

Would I go for a quart - no, not really. To keep with the theme though Iā€™d be happy to share a gallon with an equally moderate imbiber.

eg: my oulā€™ buddy Scalder and myself would occasionally split a gallon. Itā€™s a terrific starting point, passing the quart mark his mood lightens noticeably as acquaintances move from the COTY section to the alright sort frame.

Noble pint @farmerinthecity - youā€™re a mighty man to source loose porter. :+1:

8 Likes

Similar story here after traipsing around a carnival all evening. I was offered a drink in Tierneyā€™s in Ballygar at around 6 oā€™clock, but my head was spinning. A glass of this tack now is exactly what the doctor ordered.

5 Likes

Glad to see you donā€™t have TWO cubes of ice in your glass, cc @KinvarasPassion.

Ice is sacrilege.

That manā€™s penchant for roasterish behaviour is a constant source of amazement for me.

1 Like

Drink it and donā€™t be looking at it

3 Likes

Drink it in, man.

2 Likes

Had a few nice pints in LK tonight. Went over to Treaty and then Mother Macā€™s. Five in total. The offer was there for more, but Iā€™ve to drive back up in the morning so sadly declined. Kebab Oā€™Clock now.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good discipline stopping at the five !

If it was someone else driving back, Iā€™d have stayed out.

Five is an ideal amount of pints really.

I always thought a quart was four pints. Quart = four, no?

Quarter of a gallon.

1 Like

A gallon is eight pints, got ya

At this stage of my life, itā€™s the ideal number. I still leave wanting more, but know that more will equal bother the next day

3 Likes

Finishing early is key. Any bad hangovers Iā€™ve had tend to come from getting to bed after 12am.

Thankfully it doesnā€™t happen too often.

1 Like

9 Likes

15 Likes

Where are you off to?

Bon Voyage

Iā€™m taking the horse to France.

2 Likes