I won't be able to drink to spread covid

Hull?

Safe travels, @Fagan_ODowd. Do you bring the car on these trips?

Iā€™d love to go on a ferry trip to the continent but just couldnā€™t face it with the kids. Itā€™s a wonderfully relaxing way to start a holiday.

2 Likes

I do Brian. Itā€™s a fairly rough crossing tonight in fairness but an owl sea dog like myself will get through it no bother.

2 Likes

Enjoy. Done it a couple of times. Irish Ferries or Brittany Ferries?

2 Likes

Irish Ferries WB Yeats Dublin to Cherbourg.

1 Like

I saw you were passing me about two hours ago there. Iā€™m sure the north Wexford coast was looking stunning.

2 Likes

Have a lovely holiday, pal.

1 Like

Thanks Brian. You get a lovely view of the east coast from the boat.

You mentioned the details of an agent you booked through before. Any chance youā€™d flick it on again? Keen to lock something in for next summer, take the dogs and all with us over on the ferry.

I wouldnā€™t use an agent for a trip like this. I book direct. Iā€™m sure if you were going to a campsite eurocamp would be the best bet for an all in package. Iā€™d use trailfinders for anything complicated that involved connections etc.

Sorry, must be misremembering. Id looked to book just the ferry over to Seville for 2A+2C+ 2 dogs and it was over 3k just for the ferry. Steep

Thought youā€™d mentioned you book ferry tickets through an agent but must be remembering wrong

Doddery owl bollocks canā€™t remember as much these days. Heā€™s probably abroad in the fast lane of some French motorway with a line of cars behind him, not a care in the wurald.

1 Like

Heā€™s probably in Mullingar, just thinks heā€™s in France

2 Likes

Itā€™s far easier to go on the ferry than bring kids through an airport imo

Ferry is full of children this time of year.

Cc @FatChops @LionelRitchie

Orleans. 6 o clock in the evening and itā€™s 37 degrees. Iā€™ve never felt heat like it. Thatā€™s 98.6 Fahrenheit.

9 Likes

Drive it on, enjoy.

1 Like

You are taking a ferry to Seville?

Was contemplating it for next summer. Head north then to San Sebastian or somewhere like that for a few weeks.

But 3k+ for ferry before you ever pay for accomodation is bit of a hurdle to justify