I won't be able to drink to spread covid

Where?

Lived in Ennis for a couple of years. Some grand spots for good pints there.

1 Like

Italia

1 Like

The country practically burning and you off gallivanting

For shame.

That’s alway the way with the elites Boxty

Every time I leave them on their own for 24 hours, the petrol and matches come out.

@Malarkey is enjoying the 5 in a row as much as the team.

Drink it in man.

1 Like

Would love to have lived in Ennis for a time. Great town.

Any other good spots for visiting?

It’s been a long time since I was there.

O’Deas up the road from Fawl’s was one (I think you may have mentioned that). A few decent ones around Market area back in the day (Paddy Quinn’s springs to mind). It’s 11 years since we left there though, and bar one stag since, I’ve never had pints there since then.

1 Like

Thomas Maher’s, Waterford.

Waterford Luna 1.1 is the chaser.

3 Likes

You have the life of Reilly

Well
 Another funeral. Man gone at 67.

1 Like

God be with the days when it was a men only pub. It opened 2-4, 5-7 and 8-10. Owl Tom and the missus wouldn’t serve you if you arrived in too late or were three sheets to the wind. Chuck, Powery and myself were regulars. Murphys was the pint here, washed down with a whiskey mac. The Roanmore fellas would come in and make apes of themselves and the missus would refuse to serve them to our general hilarity. At ten, for it closed religiously at 10, we three would make our way across the road to Donie McLoughlins (now Tullys). The fear an tí would be looking out the window and when we’d stagger over from Tom Maher’s he’d say you are only coming over here because he threw you out. To which we d say yes Donie, three bottles of barley wine and off we’d go again.

17 Likes

Would love to stay here. Quietly magnificent pub. But last go, alas.

Waterford Miicro Cuvée Summer '22.

You should really do the tour of the distillery with the tasting afterwards.

1 Like

1 Like

Sweet bird of youth

Great times to remember.

What I most like about Maher’s is that it is a real earthy town pub as well as a monument.

Old Tom was a South Kilkenny man originally. The pub was also known as Moondarrig house.

1 Like

I’d say you’d have had a fairly sore head after topping up a feed of Guinness with barley wine.

My auld lad used go there a bit. Yer man would only let you have three pints (or would it have been pint bottles back then?) and then out?

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2019/0909/1074767-tom-mahers-pub/