I won't be able to drink to spread covid

Are you sure it wasn’t a coke?

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

That was it exactly they tried to make a stout that didn’t taste like a stout. You either drink stout or you don’t.

They already owned a perfectly cromulent stout in Murphy’s. Would have had a lot more success spending the same money marketing that I think.

You’d get Beamish in a good few places in Limerick.

2 Likes

Most decent drinking pubs in Limerick have it.

Just to tune in something about that guinness storehouse. Gravity bar is a sickening experience. Fucking tourists taking 1 mouthful of a pint, then barmen having to chuck them away. Broke my heart seeing it. They should just give the person an option ffs. You want a half pint, small glass of it or a coke. An absolute waste of a good pint.

Storehouse a good experience though, bar of course being too packed.

1 Like

Oh Jesus, I’m not well here.

3 Likes

Actually not too bad now I’ve had breakfast.
I’m in Shoal Bay, 2 hours north of me, on my all conquering Wyoming Football Club O45’s team weekend away.
16 men in their 50’s sharing a large house for the weekend.
Drink was taken last night.

1 Like

Was it taken in a lead lined cubicle…or is there an anecdote, incident or adventure to recount?

I am having possibly the best weekend of my life here (if you except women).

2 Likes

@Juhniallio sounds like Clonakilty

1 Like

I reckon Guinness can afford it mate. This seems a bit odd to get worked up over.

Mighty. You’ll be in shite for a week after it

I went to the Teeling distillery on an in laws day out a few months back. Father-in-law, three brothers in law and myself. We were the only Irish people there. And of course when it came to the tasting part at the end, the paddys had four whiskeys and the tourists had two max.

Feckin drinking straight whiskey at 1:30 in the day - I couldn’t finish some of them. Headed to Peadar Browne’s afterwards and washed them down with a few pints of Guinness and I was back in my safe zone again.

An interesting place. A bride arrived in with her Da for a drink and the two of them sat at the bar - her in her wedding dress. No rush on them. I went up to get a round and she started chatting away. She was getting married later in the church beside Shanhans on Stephen’s Green so ‘it’s grand’. When I arrived home later on the missus says ‘I heard you were getting chatted up by a lady in a wedding dress’. Bad fuckers.

6 Likes

2 Likes

How was the carvery?

1 Like

I think you’re missing the point here.

What, that me man wants to finish off their pints?

Did ye not have the ‘Black Babies’ jar when ye were going to school like me and @Locke?

I don’t think @Locke actually wanted to drink them. It was just the visible waste.

They could give multiple other choices on a free pint that would cut down on waste.

The Capitalists here will be up in arms but I wouldn’t agree with that.

Why are you tagging @locke?