I won't be able to drink to spread covid

They’ll be saying that about Guinness when Mcgregors Forged Irish takes over …

Used to love Murphy’s from a pint bottle about 25 years ago. Bring that back, ould crusty cunts like me would be all over it

1 Like

Murphy’s far more widely available

I used to drink in a bar called Stout the odd time in Manhattan. I remember drinking a Japanese stout straight out of a bottle that resembled the coca cola shaped glass bottle. I remember it being really good, and I only tried it so I could scoff and say what a pile of shite it was.

I’d drink a Beamish any time I’d see it on tap. I’d a pint of Murphy’s a few months back for first time in 20 years and wouldn’t be in a huge rush to have it again.

1 Like

if there isn’t a regular pour on a stout tap you’d be as well off drinking slop. the murphys in niall macs in midleton is divine

I’d have done most of my drinking in the south side and it always felt like Beamish was more popular, though most pubs would have both

Is Beamish not a bit more “downmarket”? It was usually maybe 20 or 30 cents cheaper than Murphy’s or Guinness, so appealed to wino types who were in the pub every afternoon

“Island’s Edge”

I suppose they had success with “Orchard Thieves” and went for something similar.

Beamish was always cheaper. We had a renowned cheapskate on our hurling team who was nicknamed Beamish.

4 Likes

Kirin Black Beer

1 Like

You could get 6 Beamish and 2 Tayto for 10 pound back in the mid 90s

4 Likes

Sure you know yourself some fellas dont like change. My grandfather has his own old Guinness glass in his local. Ive to tell the barman one of the Guinness is for him.

what does he do in between pints?
Wash the same glass first?

I imagine there is a stock of those glass the bar kept during the change, knowing their customers.

I also imagine hes not the only one but claims its his glass. Im not going to argue with a man in his late 80s over a pint glass in a pub

4 Likes

Whenever we pass Doyle’s Corner in Phibsborough (it used to be going to Croke Park and more recently it’s going to an appointment in the Mater Hospital) my aul lad will say that it used to have the best pint bottle of Guinness in Dublin but awful pints of Guinness. I’ll always ask why as if it’s the first time I’ve heard it. I don’t know he’ll say.

14 Likes

Guinness gravity bar.

8 Likes

4 Likes

You’d struggle to get Beamish most places outside the city

Lineman Pale Ale. Nice.

1 Like