I won't be able to drink to spread covid

Kavanagh’s is a great spot. I’ve been to Philarmonic before alright but Roscoe on the hit list for next trip.

Was down the Baltic Market for a few pints and food and then on up to Kavanagh’s, Ye Cracke, The Vines, The Red Lion, Metrocola. Into The Old Post Office this evening. Always finding plenty of good places to drink here. Lovely compact city. Welcoming to the Irish and good for a laugh. Talked football, politics and music with some sound Evertonians

4 Likes

I look forward to hearing your verdict on Peter Kavanagh’s. The one glitch there is that their beer should be excellent but is merely decent to good.

The Roscoe Head, by contrast, is one of only five pubs in every edition of CAMRA’s The Good Beer Guide since 1972. Great spot (if maybe a bit bright in front bar).

Were you ever in the Swan there? They’d play a bit of heavy metal in there. Good spot.

We got recommended the Grapes and Belvedere by a few locals, two places I’ve to add to the list.

1 Like

Never in the Swan, sorry.

The Belvedere is another of my friend’s most favourite spots. I really like it as well. The Grapes (Roscoe Street) is a great late night spot, funky and relaxed. The Grapes (Mathew Street) is a bit touristy.

Down the Dale Street end, there are three excellent pubs: the Lion Tavern (lovely interior, exceptional beer and excellent whisky range), The Poste House (small and quirky and enjoyable) and the Vernon Arms (also has exceptional beer and is a nicely mixed spot).

Ship & Mitre, Liverpool’s most intent real ale venue, is nearby and does have a terrific range of beers and ciders but is a bit atmosphere free. “A CAMRA barn,” in my friend’s pithy description. Worth a pint or two in there in late afternoon.

The ship and Mitre is brilliant. I didn’t mention as I thought it was obvious. The last time I was up there we went to the Pilgrim and I always pop into the Globe nearly Liverpool Central.

1 Like

Never in The Pilgrim, to my recall. Must investigate. Looks interesting.

The Globe is a nice spot, alright.

I did find the Ship & Mitre, though I had good cider and perry there, a bit lacking in atmosphere. But must go back at night.

Haven’t been in Ship & Mitre in about 15 years I think! Pilgrim a good spot alright.

1 Like

My friend not mad on The Pilgrim, which is why I have never been there. Talking to him last night and he said we will go next time I am over, which should not be too long.

1 Like

JJ Bowles’.

Smallest – and best, currently – snug in Ireland.

8 Likes

You were hardly at the rugby match!

I was.

Glad Bayonne got draw.

Their supporters were singing in the Milk Market this morning, which was magical.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

There’s no snug* in J.J. Bowles any more.

*I don’t know the exact definition of a bar snug.

That is gas, was chattingto a few of them on the train today, cool as fuck.

1 Like

Good pint boat club.

1 Like

The broad majestic Shannon.

3 Likes

There is.

Fabulous building

1 Like