Ice Hockey Fights

Is there some significance or context to the receipt?

It’s the bar tab for 6 of the Boston players from the night after the game.

FDNY v NYPD.

The video peters out after about a minute but Rescue Me knew their shit :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzYojW73V50

[QUOTE=“The Dunph, post: 84574, member: 116”]Watch this:

[ame="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-25s4uwFQ
"]YouTube - Unbelievable Hockey Fight[/ame]

Is fighting actually accepted in this sport and what (if any) are the repercussions of it? The commentators were very blaise about it. e.g. “He swings right… he fakes left… POW! That was a beaut…” and “Look Bill there’s a real good one starting in the middle, such and such is the smaller man but i fancy his chances in this one” Unreal…[/QUOTE]

The thing about fighting in Ice Hockey is that one on one is ok, both get sin binned and that’s it.
However if your the third man into a fight, your in serious trouble with fines and suspensions definite.

Fighting has rules, and you must drop your stick and gloves before fighting, otherwise your in trouble again.
Once one man falls to the ice the fight is over. No hitting a man on the ice.

Also one thing I found funny is that pro hockey jerseys have “fight strings” to stop the jersey being ripped.

Got to my first Ice Hockey game last night - Arizona Coyotes at home to the LA Kings. Some decent action and a few scraps, but like a lot of North American sports, the music and other shit going on was a bit OTT at times.

I went to a fight in Madison Square Garden one time, and a Hockey game broke out.

1 Like

Its a great sport i think, almost self refereed but that is slipping with less fights now allowed, or so they say. Lots of settling old scores from previous games,mouthing and hitting off the ball etc but action packed too.

1 Like

My nephew got to ride on the Zamboni ice resurfacer at the break after the 2nd period. Made his night.

San Jose Sharks make their first ever stanley cup appearance

1 Like

Can’t wait.

Penguins in the final I’d say

Hard to see them beat in their own barn

Edit: just heard they haven’t won a game 7 at home in 20 years

A year after the national disaster of no Canadian team making the playoffs, five of the seven have made it this year, including the big two Montreal (Celtic) and Toronto (Rangers). None really have a chance at winning it but the Leafs, Oilers and Flames are the three best up and coming teams in the league, so all is right in the world.

Overall this could be the year the washington capitals finally get their playoff choking monkey surgically removed and go all the way, their biggest challenge potentially from an injury hampered Pittsburgh in the east and Chicago in the west.

I expect interest in this thread to be off the charts over the next few months.

Some man to stand up and fight after taking a hit like that.

It was a clean hit though. Tkachuk is a pest and hated, he was due a beating but that whats he wants, turtles, gets the penalty, kassian gets 5 minutes

This kinda whets the appetite for the hurling

3 Likes

Good seats Fagan. Glad to see they’re treating you well.

1 Like