Idiot Of The Month Award

I think we should start the above award this month with each monthly winner then going forward to compete in the Idiot Of The Year competition next December and the ultimate winner receiving a prize at the Christmas party.

Basically, the competition would work as follows:

One of us would set up a new thread every month, e.g. ‘Idiot Of The Month Nominations - April’, and in this thread posters would nominate fellow members for the award for that particular month stating why they’d be a deserving recipient of the title.

Each poster would be restricted to one nomination per month and the nominees must be forum members.

On the last day of each month an anonymous poll would be set up that includes all nominees as chosen by the members and members would then have 2 days to cast their votes.

The person with the most votes when polls close will be awarded the ‘Idiot Of The Month’ title and I would hope to feature quite strongly in the competition myself.

A susbsequent sudden death play-off will decide the winner in the event of a tie in the initial poll.

Some members might think such a competition will cause nothing other than further resentment, rows and bad feeling but all this along with ganging up on people and bullying the fook out of them is an inherent part of Irish culture both in school and in the workplace and we need to ensure that this culture of bitching, sniping and ridiculing remains for future generations to enjoy.

Please feel free to make any suggestions that might add to the competition in this thread.

This reminds me of a story Juhniallio told me in Beijing. His 5-a-side team give out awards each week when having a few pints in the pub after a game. One such award is “Cockup of the week.” One particular week they gave it to a guy for getting cancer, while he was there and all. I laughed my pert tits off.

That’s quality.

Here, fix your signature - it’s annoying me.

Fix your waist size fatty.

Well, tell your auld wan to stop giving me chocolate muffins and brunches every time I call over to finger her then.

She rathers the finger cos it’s fatter than your penis?

Ah this is great!!!

No, it can’t be two places at once.

Talking balls? Yippaw

Fine idea Bandage - so is the first month April and why haven’t you set up the thread yet?

I was going to wait until the last week of the month to set up the nominations thread. I felt people would be more natural on the forum without the glare of the nominations thread hovering around the front page all month. I did plan on April being the inaugural month for the competition though.

I fully intend to win this so get ready for a shit storm of shite talk from me

I’ll get a supply of bog roll at the ready!

A bidet would cost less in the long run.

No thanks, I prefer bog roll to a load of water up my hole!

What is the story with this?

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

[quote=“Bandage”]I think we should start the above award this month with each monthly winner then going forward to compete in the Idiot Of The Year competition next December and the ultimate winner receiving a prize at the Christmas party.

Basically, the competition would work as follows:

One of us would set up a new thread every month, e.g. ‘Idiot Of The Month Nominations - April’, and in this thread posters would nominate fellow members for the award for that particular month stating why they’d be a deserving recipient of the title.

Each poster would be restricted to one nomination per month and the nominees must be forum members.

On the last day of each month an anonymous poll would be set up that includes all nominees as chosen by the members and members would then have 2 days to cast their votes.

The person with the most votes when polls close will be awarded the ‘Idiot Of The Month’ title and I would hope to feature quite strongly in the competition myself.

A susbsequent sudden death play-off will decide the winner in the event of a tie in the initial poll.

Some members might think such a competition will cause nothing other than further resentment, rows and bad feeling but all this along with ganging up on people and bullying the fook out of them is an inherent part of Irish culture both in school and in the workplace and we need to ensure that this culture of bitching, sniping and ridiculing remains for future generations to enjoy.

Please feel free to make any suggestions that might add to the competition in this thread.[/quote]

Bullet points for fuck sake:pint::pint:

IOTM surely? by another name?