I'm a whiney bitch who can't drink for shit these days

Ah I don’t know about guilt. I’d often head out on a Saturday while Barbara Bradly brings Beatrice & Bernice Bradley to horse riding, my lads get a good deal as regards my parenting as I’m around them and their hobbies ( Gaa etc) quite a lot, I’m not spending money we can’t afford so no reason to be guilty, I’m not a cunt with drink in me ( only when sober) so no need for fear.
But the next day I’m overwhelmed with both. I don’t think it’s anything to do with responsibility but just age.

Worst feeling ever.

I’ll handle this as the forum’s expert on brain chemistry.
The fear isn’t due to alcohol consumption, it’s due to lack of alcohol consumption. Over time the brain is rewired to expect alcohol to feed it’s reward centers. The rewiring gets more permanent over time. The only way to reverse it is to stop drinking altogether.
In short, the only solution to the fear is to keep drinking, in moderation of course.

Yea. I couldn’t disagree with that. But to be honest it’s so long since Ive gone overboard on a school night, I can’t remember anymore

Fear that you have something to be guilty for

Any chance you could take a bit more next time bro?

A vile comment from one of the forum’s leading moral police.

Thanks. I thought it caught the mood nicely alright.

I just wouldn’t contemplate a school night anymore :scream::scream:.
Some waste of a weekend though if you have a few pints. I love waking on a Saturday or Sunday morning fresh and flicking through the interweb with a mug of coffee while the house is quite as they all sleep. They got up yesterday morning and I’d a big fire lighting and the breakfast table laid out for the family. Pure bliss.
Had I gone for a few I’d be lying in bed till 10:00 and not a thing done, and NO interest in doing anything.

Well I’ll tell ya Brimmer. I watched the rugby at home yesterday. I drank six cans between 5.30 and 10.3pm at which stage I went to bed. Was up around 8 after a great night sleep. Had a glass of wine around 12 while I was peeling the spuds. I suppose I probadly drank the bones of a bottle over dinner. Watched home alone with the kids and I’ll tip up to bed around 10:30 again. That’ll do

I love waking at the weekend without a hangover.
Unfortunately, I love a few pints also.

Amen to that. My sister took the kids last night and Mrs Jand I went to town and did a bit of shopping /dinner/drinking. We stayed in bed til about 12 today. Superb night.

Had three pints after a spot of shopping with Ms Locke. Feeling good now, might have a glass of red, may not.

Can’t face it today. I’d be fucked tomorrow. And we have the in laws coming for dinner tomorrow.

Ah lovely, I had 2 x tins of ale and was getting ready to head up to meet a friend when the Bradley ladies arrived home and the small one sat in under my arm on the couch in front of the fire. I didn’t bother moving then. The down side is I woke @ 6:00am this morning roaring for bottles and spent the whole day thinking about a few in my local with the club finals on.
But luckily I’ve to head to Shannon airport in a few mins so couldn’t,I’ll be glad tomorrow though.

Sickening

Probably a guaranteed nice post though

That’s the job. That sort of a break is invaluable.

It certainly seems to have been. The young fella just projectiled all over the shop as I was putting him to bed. Karma’s a bitch.

:ronnyroar: