I'm a whiney bitch who can't drink for shit these days

It’s a fucking killer isn’t it, as much as I love a few pints I’m gone off of it on account of the fear and lack of energy for days after.

2 Likes

I’ve even resorted to lying above. 6 pints and I’m done. Maybe a shot or two of whiskey but no more.

6 is the cut off for me. Ready for the leaba after that.

Even with my out early and home early strategy I’m still fucked these days. Time to throw in the towel I think. Even if I’m not sick I’m riddled with the fear and a simple task such as to make tea is as daunting as climbing Mount Everest.

When did that start happening to you? I’ve gotten better at drinking as I’ve gotten older, mainly by being a bit smarter. I used be killed with hangovers.

When you cant get out all that often a fella tends to ram about 8 pints into him in the 2 hours grace he might have. Id be far better off out all day

Ah I don’t even bother going to the pub on a Sunday afternoon anymore Brimmer. I used to love heading out for a few pints to watch The Sunday Game during the summer a few years back. Now I find a few glasses of wine with the Sunday dinner and I’m asleep by 3pm

That’s the difference I think. Also, when you’re younger you have fuck all to do and can turn up to work in a heap and it’ll be grand, different nowadays. I don’t think hangovers get any worse or you used be able drink any more when younger.

Slow process… Combo of mortgage, kids and working for a corporate…

2 Likes

You definitely can drink more when your younger

2 Likes

Weddings are OK. You can tip away at your own pace.
Stay away from the young crowd though. They’ll have you driving every kind of shot to bate the band.
Was at a wedding in Kilaloo during the summer.
I’d say I drank about 8 pints. Had a drop of the crator before retiring. Was tired more then anything the next day

1 Like

And without the paranoia after it.

1 Like

Whats the science behind this? Why does hangover induced paranoia increase with age?

Jesus the paranoia beats all

3 Likes

Assume because when you are younger you have no responsibility…fuck all to be worried about…in general

2 Likes

A mixture of fear and guilt I’d say.

Ah I don’t know about guilt. I’d often head out on a Saturday while Barbara Bradly brings Beatrice & Bernice Bradley to horse riding, my lads get a good deal as regards my parenting as I’m around them and their hobbies ( Gaa etc) quite a lot, I’m not spending money we can’t afford so no reason to be guilty, I’m not a cunt with drink in me ( only when sober) so no need for fear.
But the next day I’m overwhelmed with both. I don’t think it’s anything to do with responsibility but just age.

3 Likes

Worst feeling ever.

3 Likes

I’ll handle this as the forum’s expert on brain chemistry.
The fear isn’t due to alcohol consumption, it’s due to lack of alcohol consumption. Over time the brain is rewired to expect alcohol to feed it’s reward centers. The rewiring gets more permanent over time. The only way to reverse it is to stop drinking altogether.
In short, the only solution to the fear is to keep drinking, in moderation of course.

1 Like

Yea. I couldn’t disagree with that. But to be honest it’s so long since Ive gone overboard on a school night, I can’t remember anymore