I'm a whiney bitch who can't drink for shit these days

it would be interesting to gauge the progression of of the levels of depression as we move furthur into the weekend.
i understand and appreciate that some forum members may only be getting over last weekends horrors and are now faced with the horrendous prospect of 4 nights of drinking safe in the knowledge that this Sunday night at ~3am they will be experiencing 2nd of january type symptoms.
i would particually like to hear from posters who say drink to oblivion tonight resulting in serious illness tomorro preventing them from taking part in any festivities and end up just spending a thursday hung over at home,
what does this feel like?
is the depression from a midweek booze up the same as say that experinced on a sunday evening? or does the fact that say you may have friday off help take the pinch off it?
ive always subconciously associated sunday night with a depresssion type feeling ( in national school the glenroe music was the reminder the weekend was done ) , now howver this feeling is exaggerated by the alcohol factor…

fire away Brian…

you seriosuly need to start thinking some suicidal thoughts mate…
get some gargle into ya and start IM’ing farmer

what keeps a man going during a 4 night session?
after night 1 you are going to be rightly sick but as tomorro is a holiday i suppose slow afternoon pints are not too difficult to play…
i can see then how this would lead to recovery pints on friday ( albeit id say the depression will be kicking in) but then you have saturday of pottering around the house fucked before ploughing into it again on saturday night in full knowledge of what will become of you mentally on monday… remarkable

Off the drink nine days now. Longest I’ve been off it for 20 years and even then that was only because I was in hospital. Feeling way less paranoid than normal. Hoping to keep it going for the 40 days of Lent and see where I get too after that.

Gave it up myself at the start of the year for 5 weeks and have only been drinking twice in 2011(haven’t much choice with 4 kids under 2 keeping me off it.) I must say I feel great compared to when I was drinking every weekend, having big nights to look forward to is much better craic, also paranoia levels are at an alltime low.

This post drink paranoia bullshit is bullshit. It saves a lot of hassle if you accept in advance that your life is fucking shit so you don’t then have to deal with the realisation after a heavy session. Simples.

Have you told your girlfriend about the whores Mickee?

The thought of that could be fairly depressing i’d say.

i have no interest in drink anymore. when i do go for a drink now (seldom enough), i’ll have 5 or 6 max and that is it. i could happily live my life without it to be honest.

All this talk about drink paranoia and depression, I’ve never understood it myself. Lot of lads feeling sorry for themselves I think. You drink, you get a hangover, you go for a swim, run, bit to ate, and you’re grand. Move on, suck it up, pull your head out your hole and get up to fuck.

Maybe its just me though, dunno really.

So little understanding MBB - would you just tell a lad with diabetes to man up, go for a run and adjust his blood sugar levels? You’re one of the lucky ones it would appear.

Here Mickee - one other question - is this thread only for drink related paranoia and depression or can we post about more general forms of paranoia and depression.

what the fuck are the muldoons on here moaning about

the fact that they get bad hangovers when they go drinking- FFS- Man up you thick bogtrotters

its up to you Brian,
i set up this thread really for posters to log their feelings of depresssion as a result of going on a 4 day bender in the middle of march, however if you feel that you have some experiences that you want to share please feel free to contribute on this thread

kev, please refer to the thread title and stop going off topic.
if you feel the need to start a thread where forum members can discuss each others sex lives id suggest you use the “post new topic” button on the main page and im quite sure we can have a rare ould discussion about same

It mentions depression mickee, and you mentioned more than once that you sampled whores from all over the world over the past few years. But then you told us one day (when ironically talking about depression) what a rock your girlfriend was and she helped you avoid such things. Now i wondered if you had a GF when fucking the whores? I know if it was me i would not be able to take the guilt and i’d feel really really depressed about hiding it from her, seeing as i supposidly loved the girl. I was just wondering how it felt for you. This thread did suggest depression, i said i’d widen the scope to depression about doing the dirty on my wonderful GF. Tell all mickee…

Tell us Mick, this is the place to get shit off your chest.

:o
this has to be one of the most disturbing posts i have read so far on this forum…

Supposidly

:lol:

The fact is you are the one burying the head in the sand. Now maybe it doesn’t affect you, and thats great, more power to you. But it is helpful if you (or anyone for that matter) are aware of this sort of reaction to drink. You may have friends going through absolute torture, and they are great craic on a night out and you may think that fella is a great Punter or whatever, but it is good to be aware. I’m sure you don’t ever want to be in a position some day if, God forbid, someone you know commits suicide and it makes you start thinking “Should i have seen that, should have i said this” etc.

This “Man up” lark annoys the fuck out of me, its real life, bills, kids, women, pain, loss, unemployment etc, its not Football or a street fight. And some men are built better to cope than others. And some men go out drinking to get away from it all, but it usually only compounds the issues.

I thought ye’d all have more respect for what others have said on this thread, all joking/abuse/wumming aside.

Fresh again this morning, Come oiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!

+1

Lets be having you ,you vile hungover bogtrotting inbred hicks

Ten days off the sauce today. I could get used to this.