I'm Chinese

Xi Jinping is now limiting the amount of food people can order in a restaurant.

Communist and left-wing regimes have always been excellent at limiting the amount of food their populations can eat

I was in China in 2008. I remember seeing reports and mentions of famine in parts of China that you never heard in western media.

I was staying in a very nice hotel but even there I struggled with the food.

To finish it or ate it?

To ate it. The chicken was particularly fowl!!

3 Likes

No, half and half sweet and sour chicken?

I was afraid to order the Chicken Balls.

They canā€™t hack Chinese food at all. I couldnā€™t get a single 3-in-1 in Beijing

youā€™d want your head examined to eat meat in China

1 Like

Ate all sorts of mad stuff when there for work. Ducks tongues, frogs, drunken prawns (come.out alive, drown in booze to slow them and then bite into them), boiled sheep brain etc.

I donā€™t.mind trying any of that stuff and could see these factory rep guys getting a kick out of each time seeing how far they could push the westerner.

But always after a week or so there, screaming for a just a decent carvery or steak and spuds.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s some difference between the Kung Po you get in Beijing and the Kung Po you get on the Crumlin Road, thatā€™s all Iā€™ll say.

I lost about a stone in a week over there.

I was glad to get out of the place.

1 Like

The first 30 or so posts of this thread :grin:

A different time.
It was OK to be wewy wacist back then

2 Likes

I was there a few times on work trips, its a hellhole when it comes to grubbing

Thereā€™s more than a few threads on here of that ilk. Shur twas just the craic back then

Would be an interesting time to start a war :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Wars follow on from crises

Itā€™s already started on the travellerā€™s thread

Itā€™d be a bad time for China. Theyā€™re winning the ā€¦em Warā€¦ without fighting. The last thing they need is an actual WAR with fighting. America would feel the need to prove something and lash out a few big fucking weapons. It would devastate the region, possibly the world.

1 Like