I'm on top of the world thread

Sullivans, that’s proper roaster behaviour right there, food is good though. Make sure to go to New Quay for a pint and a walk along the flaggy shore.

Burkes ??

If you’re in Kinvara with money to spend, the Pier Head is your spot
cc @anon7035031

Fucksake… you come all the way to west Clare, with south Galway nearby, and you eat in fucking O’Sullivans. If only you could recognize the irony. There’s at least 5 spots within 10 miles where you could have had decent food, if you had asked.

Linnanes is far superior to anything in Kinvara, or Ballyvaughan for that matter…

2 Likes

There’s one right next door to Sullivans in fact, a really lovely little cafe restaurant.

The Gallery? Nice cup of coffee there.

1 Like

That’s the one, they do excellent bistro style food as well and great desserts.
Sullivan’s always looked like a roaster spot to be honest, I had a standard carvery once in O’Grady’s but wouldn’t look past the gallery in Gort now that the chipper is gone.

The bigger question is why the fuck would anyone go to Gort to begin with. The stupid cunt had multiple decent places to eat north and south of him, and he decides to go to Gort. Fucksake.

We often go to Coole park, the wife and kids love it and it’s no spin with the motorway. Gort is very handy and that Gallery place is really good.

1 Like

remind us where you went and described as amazing during your failed trip to Oireland over Christmas

Some sort of little chef type place

@The_Runt do you recall

3 Likes

As you seem to recall it pal, why don’t you remind us. Look, you’ve probably never been outside Dublin so your efforts to rescue @Sandymount_Red are quite hilarious.

Coole park is a beautiful spot.

1 Like

Dunno when the last time you were ther was but they’ve changed the whole food set up there over the past few years, the are very highly rated now for pub grub

The locals are gradually upgrading from mud huts.

Wooah, slow down there Chef. We were only in Gort to meet an old friend of the wife who happens to farm land close by. O’Sullivan’s was her shout.

And to be fair it was decent enough and the staff were all excellent which helps when you have a 3 year old trying to run riot.

It’s a grand spot for a family Sunday roast.

5 Likes

bizarre posting from @anon7035031

he didn’t know what you were looking for in the meal yet came in all guns blazing.

sometimes cheap and cheerful is best when you have kids

bear in mind though, he described the roast beef he got in the littlechef in Newcastlewest as the best meal he had in years

4 Likes

“bets”?

bank holiday Monday here on the mainland, I’m about to get the redeye train back to London, I found out a lot about myself this weekend

2 Likes

It was a bizarre, venomous rant. I think he is a carvery chef in America? You’d think he’d be more understanding.