I'm on top of the world thread

Do a class on thursday mornings in baldoyle boxing club. A load of stuff on the bag and a load of fitness. Best session of the week, you’d be bolloxed after it. And you never know when @Funtime might sneak a punch round the bag or over your guard at you. New lads always welcome.

2 Likes

I’m fucking back lads! The mother and father of all weekends. Juhy junior is starting to get a grip on the hurling. The dog got spayed but is nearly back to herself and i got a heap of brownie points cos i was all over it. A few beers with 2 of my bros on saturday complete with all sorts of garden games. Chipping, lawn bowls type thing with golf balls, throwing a roll of masking tape over your opponents stick that is stuck in the ground. Then the local labour lad got in last night. Just found out my afternoons work today (cc @Spidey ) is the mother and father of all big G gigs. But mostly the young lad had his mini leagues. They take it very seriously. Everything we coach them all year goes out the window and they go hammer and tongs lumping into each other and playing it long etc. Savage stuff. His squad played with the strong lads from the year up. He turned into an old school centre forward. A cross between mickey quinn and didier drogba. Killing the ball dead from midair, using his arse like Mark Hughes, and creating a heap of goals. The highlight was a hatrick in a 3 all draw in the semi final before stick away 2 penos in the shootout. They won the final. He was floating all evening in a state of pure zen.

14 Likes

Landed in down town Nashville. It’s some laugh. I’d say the whole world could go up in flames and nobody would notice here. God bless.

25 Likes

Any sign of the Hawk Tuah girl?

1 Like

He’s not into popular things

7 Likes

Great stuff, enjoy the holiday.

Is there many in that bar? Ten I see.

6 Likes

Tootsies it’s called. A busy spot now.

I know a couple of the lads you’re with I’d say…mind yourself

1 Like

Maybe but nobody from cork :eyes:

1 Like

I know fellas from all over kid

4 Likes

You’re on the big malahide stag so

2 Likes

Will take @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy another few days to get there on the rothar.

4 Likes

Jesus, a stag in Nashville, you wouldn’t read about it in HELLO magazine
Is the groom paying flights and accom?

2 Likes

I know of a lad who had his stag in Nashville.

He had a firework display at his wedding and Mundy and Sharon Shannon played on the second day.

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking

You couldn’t ask people to fork out for that themselves unless you only move in super rich circles,
Like I’d say even @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy would know some lads who’d struggle to justify that expense

1 Like

I think stags abroad are a load of shite anyway. You’d want to have an opinion of yourself if Ireland wasn’t good enough for you.

1 Like

No way :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Chuck had his stag in the back room in Donie McLaughlins pub. I still remember the craic. Best stag I was ever at.

3 Likes

I went on a stag with a load of 40 odd and 50 odd year old mainly self employed tradesmen in Malaga Easter of last year. They did four days of it with a few of the big shots on the stag up to their oxters in blow and hoors for the 4 days.

A few of the quieter lads were fairly envious that I was only doing the first two days as it wasn’t what they had signed up for :smile:

9 Likes

And toothless Romanians around?